Might be worth a look at the hand guards on the new Tiger 900. They mount at the bar end and also onto the mirror mount. Much neater than on the other Tigers and bar size doesn’t matter. I’ll try and find a picture.

Like this

3DBC695A-0FD9-41CB-8651-7DB1D7D427AA.jpeg

I installed a set of the barkbusters on my '17 Roadster, primarily to help keep the chill off my hands during winter riding (they make a HUGE difference BTW). They are the bar end mounts and, as previously stated, only require longer mounting screws (may have also needed to get different pitch to match the bars (can't remember). I did a thread on how I had to modify the spacers, but that's only because of a unique situation with the T-Bars and the ISO grips I bought later. There are some pictures there. That thread is here: Mod needed to fit Iso grips

Why don't you want the bar end mounts only? You stated hand/lever protection from side mirrors, are you concerned that the bar end mounted ones will flex too much if you hit somehting? I can take more pics if you're interested.
Yes that is my concern, I want to know or should I say, want to think that the set up will take the hit and keep on ticking.

I think you're overall better off (on a road bike) with some give in the system.The tougher the protectors the more likely it is that the stress will be passed to the bars. But at a guess - ANY proper offroad protectors can be made to fit. If an R3 goes down at any speed - the bars are toast anyway.

I fitted ACERBIS Dual Road (end only) protectors and then slipped the Barkbusters over them for more weather protection.

I think you're overall better off (on a road bike) with some give in the system.The tougher the protectors the more likely it is that the stress will be passed to the bars. But at a guess - ANY proper offroad protectors can be made to fit. If an R3 goes down at any speed - the bars are toast anyway.

I fitted ACERBIS Dual Road (end only) protectors and then slipped the Barkbusters over them for more weather protection.

Links ? Photos ?

Back