I think that was the same post that I had read. Not much for details though. And as I mentioned I need to keep fabrication down to a minimum. Since leaving MN I no longer have an entire shop of tools or network of pals with abilities to do the things I can’t :(. Kinda like working with bear skins and stone knives.
I understand the lack of tools, I don't even have a garage.
I do however want hand guards and if the barkbusters work like @sleeves has, I too may go this route.

Just looking at the BarkBusters site, their universal single point mount is what they say works for the Rocket, and they're not too sure about it, as there is a note, "Some Triumph products have 5mm internal threads, and must be drilled and tapped to 6mm in order to use this kit."

I understand the lack of tools, I don't even have a garage.
I do however want hand guards and if the barkbusters work like @sleeves has, I too may go this route.

Oddly I find your hands still get wet in the rain and they look like they shouldn't but it removes the windchill and I tend to use my summer gloves in all seasons as they have better feel. Mine were for a Tiger also, all i did was some bending and got longer cap screws.

I leave the cable ties on the inside although the only mounts supposed to be the bar end I found they can com lose and fall down the cable ties just help with this never liked the single point mount on them. However if I got the correct ones in the first place.....

Single Point Mount - Barkbusters

Just looking at the BarkBusters site, their universal single point mount is what they say works for the Rocket, and they're not too sure about it, as there is a note, "Some Triumph products have 5mm internal threads, and must be drilled and tapped to 6mm in order to use this kit."

Ah yes thanks had to do that. Forgot it was a long while ago

Oddly I find your hands still get wet in the rain and they look like they shouldn't but it removes the windchill and I tend to use my summer gloves in all seasons as they have better feel. Mine were for a Tiger also, all i did was some bending and got longer cap screws.

I leave the cable ties on the inside although the only mounts supposed to be the bar end I found they can com lose and fall down the cable ties just help with this never liked the single point mount on them. However if I got the correct ones in the first place.....

Single Point Mount - Barkbusters

@sleeves Is the link you list the hand guards that will fit the Rocket without drilling and tapping?

@Plow Horse This is the only link I can find for Triumph hand guards for the adventure bikes, but I cannot discern which it is that should fit the Rocket.

Product Search | shop.triumphmotorcycles.com

I installed a set of the barkbusters on my '17 Roadster, primarily to help keep the chill off my hands during winter riding (they make a HUGE difference BTW). They are the bar end mounts and, as previously stated, only require longer mounting screws (may have also needed to get different pitch to match the bars (can't remember). I did a thread on how I had to modify the spacers, but that's only because of a unique situation with the T-Bars and the ISO grips I bought later. There are some pictures there. That thread is here: Mod needed to fit Iso grips

Why don't you want the bar end mounts only? You stated hand/lever protection from side mirrors, are you concerned that the bar end mounted ones will flex too much if you hit somehting? I can take more pics if you're interested.

@sleeves Is the link you list the hand guards that will fit the Rocket without drilling and tapping?

@Plow Horse This is the only link I can find for Triumph hand guards for the adventure bikes, but I cannot discern which it is that should fit the Rocket.

Product Search | shop.triumphmotorcycles.com

I think so, they were the ones I SHOULD have ordered, as I didn't get these I couldn't promise, but I'm worried based on @Joesmoe reminder.
If its any help auto shops usually sell real cheap tap sets, that, a vice and a crescent and you should be away if they are incorrect thread. I have a good set in the garage but sometimes buy the auto shop ones as throwaways.

I installed a set of the barkbusters on my '17 Roadster, primarily to help keep the chill off my hands during winter riding (they make a HUGE difference BTW). They are the bar end mounts and, as previously stated, only require longer mounting screws (may have also needed to get different pitch to match the bars (can't remember). I did a thread on how I had to modify the spacers, but that's only because of a unique situation with the T-Bars and the ISO grips I bought later. There are some pictures there. That thread is here: Mod needed to fit Iso grips

Why don't you want the bar end mounts only? You stated hand/lever protection from side mirrors, are you concerned that the bar end mounted ones will flex too much if you hit somehting? I can take more pics if you're interested.

This looks like the answer your looking for @Boog . Longer screws only so they are set up for M5 I would say. I only needed to mount the other side due to mine being jimmied up as they were for another bike. If I had the correct ones I would not have worried. Try the ones in the link I posted.

Back