Kennydg

DoinMyBest
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 GT, 2018 Honda Goldwing DCT
I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything on this. My GT is showing a redline of 6500 on the tach. I'm still in the break in period so not attempting to get anywhere near this but everything I've read says the redline for these is supposed to be 7000. Does that change after 600 mile service or sometime the software decides to change it or is mine messed up?

Thanks for the help

That's a good question! I have no idea but wonder the same thing now that you've asked.

I don’t know the answer (but I’ll find out). However, given that max power is at 6000rpm and max torque is at 4000rpm it seems like a pretty academic question.

I have not found that. I know you can vary a gear shift indicator but I've tried moving that down and back up and it doesn't change the actual redline on the tach. Additionally I was not able to move that indicator above 6500.

You may be right. My dealer believes this to be the case as well although he wasn't 100%. It's getting first service done right now so we'll see when it comes back.

Thanks

You may be right. My dealer believes this to be the case as well although he wasn't 100%. It's getting first service done right now so we'll see when it comes back.

Thanks
Still no luck on this. After first service its still set at 6500. Asked tech who did service and he had no clue.

Has anyone found the answer to what max RPM is? All photos seem to be 6500, and it seems overspeed governor cuts in at a low RPM on the U-tube videos.

Has anyone found the answer to what max RPM is? All photos seem to be 6500, and it seems overspeed governor cuts in at a low RPM on the U-tube videos.
From looking at the maps in TuneECU, the rev limit is 7000 on the R and GT. The engine should cut out at 7000. If the redline is at 6500, it means Triumph thinks you’ll eventually wreck the engine if you exceed it.

Back