GT is Fabulous, Panniers Suck

Hi, Yes, you appear to have the new panniers. For one thing, they do not make the old ones anymore. The old ones didn't have the waterproof bag integrated but was provided separately. The locking mechs were in a different position as well. Yes, they came with outside covers like shower caps. Can't remember for sure if the new ones came with the covers as I do not use them, however, I do not remember seeing new ones with the new set.
Good to know. I will stop pestering the dealer for the covers lol

The new ones cost almost $900. That's a lot of incentive to try the 1,000 possible combinations on the old ones if they will let you keep them. Did they try 000? LOL.
Yes tried 000 111 999 but didn’t work. Turns out the bike was a Triumph press bike so used by many. Guess someone reset the code to see how it worked luckybi didn’t have to pay to replace them

Hey man, my sentiments about the bags exactly. I tore up one zipper already, and then got a new set and tore up another zipper. I commute I travel I push this machine and the panniera are ****ty. No can do.
I love the bike so much, I have a R3R, I got a R3 GT for my fiancé. And my feelings exactly, it’s the mostest funnest bike I’ve ever had. I’m 55 and I’ve been on 2-wheeled machines going to school , college, and work since I was 17. I do 25,000 miles a year on my array of bikes.
On my R3R, I put the hepko and Becker Orbitz on which are tiny but I’ll manage.
I just finished a big job on my fiance’s R3GT- splurged for Corbin’s bagger-look set up, and I am relatively happy. Both installations, using aftermarket parts and brackets, were an exercise in patience And required some drilling of metal and burring out holes in the supplied brackets to get things to line up properly. Thank goodness I have tools, a motorcycle lift, and my fiancé second set of hands.

If you want, send me your email and I can send you some videos and pictures.
Post here please, I would love to see what youve done

Finally turned up… glad I waited for the 25lt waterproof ones 👍

618A93A0-8ECF-4322-BC78-AA7FC1460DCE.jpeg

Attachments

• DE580A3A-75D8-48CC-A553-181B73607EC8.jpeg
    DE580A3A-75D8-48CC-A553-181B73607EC8.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 16
Mine finally gave out and tore. I let the dealer know and he had me send pictures of the tear. The dealer stated he sent the info and pics to Triumph a few days ago. I guess I sit and wait. Very small tear and the zipper broke through. Very flimsy but all in all I like the bags.

Mine finally gave out and tore. I let the dealer know and he had me send pictures of the tear. The dealer stated he sent the info and pics to Triumph a few days ago. I guess I sit and wait. Very small tear and the zipper broke through. Very flimsy but all in all I like the bags.
Are yours the 20 lt or newer 25lt?

Bit strange the make bigger in litres but still 5kg limit in weight

Back