Gear Position Sensor replacement 2014 R3R

JudgeMontrose

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Speed Triple, '14 Rocket III Roadster
I've determined my gear position sensor on my '14 R3R is bad. Most of this diagnosis is based on the fact I took the sensor out of the motor, manually dialed it into neutral, taped it in place so it couldn't move, and tried to start the bike only for it to lose position ("--" displays on the dash where "N" should display).

I have a new sensor, but am having difficulty locating an installation guide. Does anyone know how to replace the gps? Do I really have to remove the air box?

After looking at the manuals that idk has previously posted, I see I must remove the engine infill panel to access the plug for the sensor.

Thanks for the link. Having replaced the sensor (but not the extension/fly harness) I find the issue persists. I guess the sensor itself (which is 4-wire) was not bad after all.

The issue went away after putting a tender on the battery. But has now returned, and even charging the battery on a tender doesn't resolve it. I'll have to do some more digging; it seems like it may some other sort of "no start" issue that isn't related to the GPS.

when it will not start is the n lit up?
do u have the clutch lever pulled in?
kill switch on?
ign switch on?
when it will not start have u tried to work the clutch lever a little?

Back