Gas tank protector

I had a similar problem with my touring. I switched to a roadster and to avoid that problem I added a triumph tank protector. It is really sturdy and looks better than I thought it would.

Redirect Notice

I got help from albertaduke. He was a true gentleman and basically gave me a triumph tank bib. Problem solved and I made a friend from Canada. Owe one to Patrick.

Hey blip, can I use your logic to buy a second Rocket? Sounds like a possibility...

Wow you guys are getting old....Just do the bruce lee or Neo "matrix" leg kick over the seat and sit down. The Seat is very low and you can use an engine hoist/lift to lower yourself on.

Otherwise time to get a Bergman or a Silverwing!:confused:

I have a pretty big gut so I bought the Triumph stick-on pad. Not the prettiest but effective. If I sell, I can take it off to show the nice paint.

Mustang Seats does tank bibs for the Touring. Also, they have a rear fender bib if you're rocking a solo seat. The bib is great quality stuff, I just bought a set of their seat and the bib, got one with a pouch for small items that will come in handy. Felt lined underneath to protect the tank, but realistically it will probably rub away at the clear coat anyway. Some 3M paint film under the bib might keep the tank itself pristine, if you care enough to do that.

I did some polishing last spring of my tank that had also taken some wear and tear at the very rearmost end; a dual action polisher and some Meguiar's M105 (pretty abrasive stuff) and then finishing with M205 gave me back a mirror sheen, but you can only do that so many times before there is no more clear coat to correct.

Old thread, but it has taken me a while to find it again and provide a cheap solution, without changing/spoiling the look off your tank, to all you/us fat gutted jacket wearers with a belt.;):D These are just a leather sleeve that fits over your belt and slides over the buckle once done up on either your trousers and/or jacket belts.

Just to view here on US eBay but do not buy with that shipping!

Price: AU $12.98 Approximately US $10.29
AU $42.09 (approx. US $33.35)

Leather Motorcycle Tank Protector - Covers Buckle | eBay

I can purchase her in Oz with free shipping and send them to youse all in a letter for about US$10 postage
AU $12.98
Leather Motorcycle Tank Protector - Covers Buckle | eBay

Easier still, cut a square of leather at home and sew/lace/button or press stud the sides together and bingo!

Back