Gas prices suck!!!!

It's always been about the profit; otherwise, what's the use? No one wants to admit it, but if YOU were sitting on all that oil, and you stood to make a handsome, even outlandish or obscene profit, would you sell it for less? It's about supply and demand plain and simple. Now, if you're doing illegal things to corner the market or engage in other unfair practices, then that's a different story.

Invent or discover some other fuel that contains the same amount of energy in as small a package, that is easy to transport and distribute and relatively safe to store at a similar price and you can give it away for free or at a really low price.

I am not defending the energy business, or am I attacking it. It's done a pretty good job of providing cheap oil. In fact, adjusted for inflation, gasoline is still a cheap bargain.

It's always been about the profit; otherwise, what's the use? No one wants to admit it, but if YOU were sitting on all that oil, and you stood to make a handsome, even outlandish or obscene profit, would you sell it for less? It's about supply and demand plain and simple. Now, if you're doing illegal things to corner the market or engage in other unfair practices, then that's a different story.

Invent or discover some other fuel that contains the same amount of energy in as small a package, that is easy to transport and distribute and relatively safe to store at a similar price and you can give it away for free or at a really low price.

I am not defending the energy business, or am I attacking it. It's done a pretty good job of providing cheap oil. In fact, adjusted for inflation, gasoline is still a cheap bargain.
Big Oil has more than its share of horrific skeletons in its collective closet to hide from public view. The Gulf of Mexico debacle is but one of several examples of oil industry malfeasance over many decades.

It's also a limited and inexorably dwindling resource that will eventually be expended. End of story. Other means of energy production must be explored and exploited in the predictable future. We cannot continue to exhaust this FINITE resource in so profligate a manner without thought of consequences long term. There WILL come a day when the shortages will become actual, not manufactured by some jaded marketing firm hyper-promoting product.

At Maggie Valley I will be the keeper of everyones bike keys at night time just to make sure that no one syphons any petrol from the tanks.
Please have them filled up before you park them for the night.:D

I think Dracul would be a better choice for that job:D

I have to laugh my ass off when people will spend $5 on a cup of java and $3 on a bottle of water and then complain about petrol being 3-4dollars a gal.
Look at what it takes to make petrol it is no easy job I think we are getting it for far less than what we should be.

Big Oil has more than its share of horrific skeletons in its collective closet to hide from public view. The Gulf of Mexico debacle is but one of several examples of oil industry malfeasance over many decades.

It's also a limited and inexorably dwindling resource that will eventually be expended. End of story. Other means of energy production must be explored and exploited in the predictable future. We cannot continue to exhaust this FINITE resource in so profligate a manner without thought of consequences long term. There WILL come a day when the shortages will become actual, not manufactured by some jaded marketing firm hyper-promoting product.

You are quite correct, sir, that the time will come when there is no more, and the price will reflect it, and demand will subside. By that time another miracle fuel will come upon the market, available to all for little or no cost. And we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.:)

I have to laugh my ass off when people will spend $5 on a cup of java and $3 on a bottle of water and then complain about petrol being 3-4dollars a gal.
Look at what it takes to make petrol it is no easy job I think we getting it for far less than what we should be.

You sure got that right! People want it both ways and side ways.

US Oil Exploitation

Some in the US are concerned about increasing fuel prices and the economic recovery, limited energy resources and the growing world demand, and perhaps even that ethanol production is causing food prices to increase. While others in the US are selling the limited natural resources to foreign investors, like newly discovered oil fields in TX, CO, WY, etc. to China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC).
Check it Out... Isn't Greed Good for America!

Back