FYI...Rockets at the Dish 2017 for more info check out the event on Facebook..Cheers

Well i think trying to have 2 National Rocket events is never going to work due to numerous factors , i'll always support RDU as i have been part of this forum since i bought my first R3 in 2005
yes unfortunately I think their idea of using OUR name "RDU" I think they expected more of the the R3 owner.net members to come along, If they want to use our RDU banner they should get more involved here "The Real Home of RDU" also you cant organise something like this event and then last minute change plans with out notifying All those interested in coming, it left a sour taste in our mouths and the other that were there for the original planed meeting up, Luckily I had good company so all was not lost

I have often talked about my Playground "The Clyde Mtn" this video is of the top third of it where it tightens up a bit, possibly one of my slower trips up there due to the damp condition after a long dry spell tends to make her a touch slippery the lower sections are more open sweepers with a few tight sections thrown in, next time I go up on a dryer day I will attempt to get footage from bottom to top.

That was great vid of the Clyde Mtn Hans, I am surprised how well the cheapie AU$40 camera works. I have had a similar one to yours for a year or so and will now have to give it a go.

Doable in a day have done it myself a few years back when bored on day off and it goes without saying that if you want to make it a split ride and have an Evening with Ann and myself there is always a bed and a feed waiting here for you, below is another of my favorite day rides I used to do when I got bored on a day off
https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...8dd!2m2!1d150.1942116!2d-35.6994994!3e0?hl=en

Yeah, that's the plan, stay at yours either on way down or back but I want to have a look around Eden etc as well as drop into Bermagui too as I have not been there for 40+ years. Probably stay overnight down there as well so the late winter off season suits me, cheaper accommodation and less traffic to piss me off.

I did your second option quite a few years ago now in my Magna AWD when I bought the second one near Nowra and checked out Jarvis bay as well. A mate and I hammered the AWDs up the Clyde on the way home way over the limit but luckily the average speed camera that shows in your vid was not in place then.;):D

Last edited:
This is the part where it started to get wet, the video was lot longer but I am sure you really don't want see just how much wetter it gets not to mention after coming up out of the gorge, it just go colder and colder for approx 1 hour then we had to pull into Oberon to find somewhere to warm up so we could feel our extremities

That was great vid of the Clyde Mtn Hans, I am surprised how well the cheapie AU$40 camera works. I have had a similar one to yours for a year or so and will now have to give it a go.
Yeah I am impressed with the quality of the videos mounting in a non shaky position helps I had played with the other camera (damaged in acco) on the rocket mounted on the handlebar but there was lot of shake and vibes showing it videos this camera is mounted on the screen mounting frame

yes unfortunately I think their idea of using OUR name "RDU" I think they expected more of the the R3 owner.net members to come along, If they want to use our RDU banner they should get more involved here "The Real Home of RDU" also you cant organise something like this event and then last minute change plans with out notifying All those interested in coming, it left a sour taste in our mouths and the other that were there for the original planed meeting up, Luckily I had good company so all was not lost
FYI @HansO tell me when did we use "YOUR"name RDU to advertise Rockets at the Dish? as for the meeting time change it was advertised on the events page on Facebook.. Guess some of us Rocket owners on a few Facebook pages won't be going to any of "YOUR" RDU events in the near future..

Well i think trying to have 2 National Rocket events is never going to work due to numerous factors , i'll always support RDU as i have been part of this forum since i bought my first R3 in 2005
@Wrecka The Rockets at the Dish event was a TCA event which was ran through Facebook.. It was not an RDU forum event.. Since when has this forum become" us and them"??at the end of the day it's about meeting up with other R3 owners with the same interest.. We never knew that this RDU fourm was opinionated and very political. Rant over.. 20170805_141641.jpg

12 Rockets - well done, any gathering is a good idea, at least we saw most of you arriving on the way out, I waved and HansO got cake, not a Snickers but it helped. ;):D:roll::roll::roll::roll:

We had another three Rockets out of six with the 'early arrivers and departers' but two of us 'departers' gladly got to our next stop at Canberra not long after dark. It was a chilly afternoon South East of Parkes but no where near as chilly as the day before near Oberon.

Last edited:
Gentlemen and Ladies ....... Sorry I missed you .... communication could have been better but we have a starting point. If we get our acts together all of us can communicate and move on. I, myself am very far from being a millennial and rely on much more than the most recent post on Facebook for my daily instructions. Old men need order in their lives. We also need to meet more Rocket Captains and talk Rocket sh!t. I have either met or followed posts from most of the participants in the Rocket community on the East coast of Oz and find your company quite desirable to say the least. Put down the Axes and come for a ride.
At least you coastal blokes got a teeny bit of the sort of roads that a Rocket does best on.

Back