I've gotten mine close to 5.9 on a couple of occasions -- so much so -- I have a couple of 1/2 gal Tour Tanks (no longer made in that size) that fit in an document tube that can be tied to the bike.

I've gotten mine close to 5.9 on a couple of occasions -- so much so -- I have a couple of 1/2 gal Tour Tanks (no longer made in that size) that fit in an document tube that can be tied to the bike.

Thinking MC fuel gauges aren't that accurate, that would explain why I get so few miles per tank, probably 2 gallons left when I reach zero miles remaining. I don't think mine was ever right, on top of that, Carpenter apparently bent the float rod when they changed the fuel pump, now a full tank reads 3/4. Some day I'll get motivated to go in there, maybe if I paint the bike.

22.3 liters / 5.9 US gal / 4.9 Imp gal

The tank is so difficult (read slow) to top up that I guess I have never bothered to fill the whole tank up to 22.3 litres but that is what the tech specs say.

I am so lovin this bike and have my appointment for the 500 mile service on June 1st so I do not have alot of experience with the bike, but she is a bugger to fill up at the pump. That would be my biggest complaint so far. If I am missing something or there are any tricks please let me know.

Back