rash_powder

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I was reading a few days ago about the Fuelbot 2.0 and the setup procedure. Part of that setup requires that you put the fill the tank to the capacity listed in the manual.

I don't recall the capacity of the 08 Touring at the moment, but, how does one know at what point the tank is filled to that given capacity? Would that be the bottom of the splash thing in the filler tank?

Thanks!

Matt N

But where is that 5.9 gallons at? The bottom of the splash guard, the total capacity of all available space in the tank....

I am thinking I will just drain all the fuel from the tank and then top it up so I know where 'full' is.

I don't remember the exact figures, but first 2 or 3 years, Triumph spec was wrong for Touring, listed a gallon high, maybe a conversion error, they eventually fixed it. Thinking 6.3 vs actual 5'3, but againg, not sure. Pretty sure 5.9 is high, I've run way past zero on miles remaining, 30 miles at least, never managed to pump 5 gallons into mine.

22.3 liters / 5.9 US gal / 4.9 Imp gal

The tank is so difficult (read slow) to top up that I guess I have never bothered to fill the whole tank up to 22.3 litres but that is what the tech specs say.

Back