Plan on replacing lap top with new one and do diagnostics this weekend. Original sender unit took a $rap. No wires are fine at connection. Double checked all the common sense stuff. If this sender unit took a $rap then I'm just go to blow it off. Not spending another $110.00 dollars for something that only last a month or two. Pretty cheaply made anyhow.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How did you test it to determine "Original sender unit took a $rap."? If it was simply not working at all - both the LED fuel guage AND fuel warning lights should not operate.

My used '10 Roadster came with 36,000 miles (60K) and the LCD fuel guage never worked (the other LCD functions do), but the Fuel warning lights do and that is as much as I have ever had on a bike so doesn't bother me. When I was changing tanks though I did install a 2nd hand fuel pump, filter, hoses and fuel level sensor/float I picked up from a 2015 X with 14,000 Km.

Fitted but no change.

Original sender was a big zero no fuel gauge or light. This one was working fine up until i raised the tank to adjust throttle cables after installing new grips.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Have a look inside the gastank, if the leverarm isn't got stuck somewhere. You also can check the leverarm by pulling up and pushing down(gently!) meanwhile watching the gaugelight.

Have a look inside the gastank, if the leverarm isn't got stuck somewhere. You also can check the leverarm by pulling up and pushing down(gently!) meanwhile watching the gaugelight.
Simple trouble shooting . That was the first thing I checked.

Simple trouble shooting . That was the first thing I checked.

Did you hook up TuneECU Diagnostics yet to see what fuel level voltage is doing?

Could try raising/lowering tank while on-line, see if it affects the readout

Question. Does the ROADSTER fuel level sensor feed the display directly (as it did on the pre-roadster accessory fuel gauge) OR does the ECU supply the display input via CanBus?

Back