Fuel filter replacement

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Recently got My Mahle replacement fuel filter. 75,000 miles, figured it was time. Do I have to remove the tank or can I do it with tank lifted ?

The trick is having room to twist that fuel pump assembly out & the angle that it is at when coming out :banghead:
If you can get it out with just the tank front lifted, you risk bending the float rod, & where it rubs the contact area at the end it will get eff'd up
It's ok if you wanna ask me how I know - I have a decal covering up my low fuel light that will not go off!!!!!! :mad: :(

Yes I believe that is why there is a replacement float assembly in the update kits which is not a fangled up as the old style. Still it can be done with the tank proped up.

Yes I believe that is why there is a replacement float assembly in the update kits which is not a fangled up as the old style. Still it can be done with the tank proped up.

I got the new float in my update kit, think I should put that one in ? Isn't that supposed to read more accurately ?

I got the new float in my update kit, think I should put that one in ? Isn't that supposed to read more accurately ?
I not aware of accuracy but I know a lot of the dealers incuding the one who changed my first filter was bending the old style. The new one is easier to stick in the tank for sure.

Back