Battery replacement

Question for the electrisical wizzards:
Could a battery tender be attached to the battery leads after the battery is removed to maintain voltage while battery is out for extended periods?
YES. Of course. Keeps the battery good in or out of the bike. I kept one juiced up for over 2 years on the shelf.

Every vehicle I know of needs a battery changed out occasionally I see no reason why doing this would cause problems. Can any one explain why it might?

Every vehicle I know of needs a battery changed out occasionally I see no reason why doing this would cause problems. Can any one explain why it might?
I only had a problem except when was down for excessive time and battery disconnected from bike. Now I run a jumper to pos. cable when replacing battery in all my vehicles.

I only had a problem except when was down for excessive time and battery disconnected from bike. Now I run a jumper to pos. cable when replacing battery in all my vehicles.
What is considered excessive time.? With no voltage present in the machine how would electrical systems change?

What is considered excessive time.? With no voltage present in the machine how would electrical systems change?
For me, engine was out of bike 6-8 months and battery on the floor. Was wondering if odometer possibly had some type of internal battery to maintain mileage.

Back