Aftermarket Fuel Line Connection Replacement?

Ouch! It's $78 here (US)

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order it weeks in advance (nothing is EVER in stock) of my next air/fuel filter change, or just keep pursuing the aftermarket part.

Mine is out of warranty, but I'd still feel stupid if I burned up my bike :banghead:

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 6.38.35 AM.png

Hose Assembly, Fuel Feed #14
Part Number: T1240349

:banghead:
Yep, sounds like an essential spare part to have on hand. Funny how the greenies want to get rid of petro when plastics (made from petro) are all they have now. Metals were so 20th century.

i would keep one in hand just in case also do you keep the relays in stock as well,
relays are common issue I found through forums can lead to bike not starting at all.
I keep one spare relay in bike all the time some people say that we can use 12v usb outlet relay as a spare if any main relay one breaks out.

i would keep one in hand just in case also do you keep the relays in stock as well,
relays are common issue I found through forums can lead to bike not starting at all.
I keep one spare relay in bike all the time some people say that we can use 12v usb outlet relay as a spare if any main relay one breaks out.
@Tal specified the 7.89mm (5/16th), but I think that's the fuel line size. I wonder about the mating connection going to the male end, what that specification needs to be.

The spare relay is a good idea. I don't currently carry a spare, but will.

....and for what its worth...to get at that connector i found it a lot easier by removing the side panel...the one with the oil filler in it. The connector is behind a wee shield thingy and having the correct pliers helps too. Of course the other thing that is also a royal pain in the butt is the breather hose under the right hand front of the tank...you have got to be able to get your hand in there when putting the tank back on!...that and the electrical plug connection whatsit!...nothing is easy but by removing the tank it sure makes getting the air filter out somewhat easier....i'm getting a headache just thinking about it!

....and for what its worth...to get at that connector i found it a lot easier by removing the side panel...the one with the oil filler in it. The connector is behind a wee shield thingy and having the correct pliers helps too. Of course the other thing that is also a royal pain in the butt is the breather hose under the right hand front of the tank...you have got to be able to get your hand in there when putting the tank back on!...that and the electrical plug connection whatsit!...nothing is easy but by removing the tank it sure makes getting the air filter out somewhat easier....i'm getting a headache just thinking about it!
What you said, although I didn't remove the side panel (maybe next time). You definitely need those fuel disconnect pliers, but be gentle with 'em.

@Tal specified the 7.89mm (5/16th), but I think that's the fuel line size. I wonder about the mating connection going to the male end, what that specification needs to be.

The spare relay is a good idea. I don't currently carry a spare, but will.
I have the old broken unit in my hand and the fuel line coming from the tank to the connector is 7.89 mm inside measurement. So thats the nipple size on the connector.
The coupling end on the connector which clips on to the pump has an internal hole of 10mm on the sliding lock piece. Not all aftermarket connectors have that sliding lock to lock the connector in place.
Further to that, the old broken connector has HFDOH D7.89 >PA12< written on it.
Its Part Number...T1240349 for the whole assembly.

Last edited:
I have the old broken unit in my hand and the fuel line coming from the tank to the connector is 7.89 mm inside measurement. So thats the nipple size on the connector.
The coupling end on the connector which clips on to the pump has an internal hole of 10mm on the sliding lock piece. Not all aftermarket connectors have that sliding lock to lock the connector in place.
Further to that, the old broken connector has HFDOH D7.89 >PA12< written on it.
Its Part Number...T1240349 for the whole assembly.
Mine has HFBXS D7-89 >PA12< on it Note DOH vs BXS
I'm thinking the D7.89 and PA12 are most important..... and that 10mm hole. That first bump on the male part that the female connector has to get over is probably about 10mm

Maybe this one? I think the 7.89 might refer to the internal connection. If so, continued hunt for one with the sliding lock.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 7.20.15 AM.png

What you think about these connectors? and there are more advanced connectors at this website

The MCT "looks" right, not sure of the other. They appear to be plastic. If there isn't a metal replacement it might not be a bad idea to at least have a plastic replacement on hand. I think one of these companies could tell by the numbers on the part I photographed if they can match it. I emailed the company that had the metal ones for the Speed Triple to see if they might, but haven't heard back.

I
The MCT has a straight barbed connector to the fuel line. The Triumph part is at a right angle. The Triumph fuel line coming from the banjo fitting at the tank to the connector is pre formed so Im not confident you could connect it to the straight MTC connector without going against the pre bend in the hose and thus kinking the hose???

Last edited:
Back