From where to obtain Hagon Nitros ?

Lushy the guy ***ced me around big time when I purchased from him .. first set of Hagons were assembled incorrectly and wouldn't allow adjustment .. I sent them back to him on the understanding he had a replacement pair in stock (he told me he did .. he didn't) when a replacement set eventually arrived from the UK I had to fight to get them as he had 'lost' all record of my purchase. The really annoying thing was he never ever answered his phone .. message was "i'll get back to you" which he never ever did. His wife finally checked his phone and returned my call. He was a ***cin nightmare in my experience.

Why not go to the source and hit up http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk ? I had some email contact with them and they seem like decent people, informative and speedy responses, and you get the shocks tailored directly to fit the bike and your weight load. They sell direct.

Personally decided to buy a set of Progressive 444 HD for mine, waiting for them now. jcmotors.com in the States had them for $496, which is about $150 under retail and half of what they cost locally, if you can find them at all. I have some minor qualms about long-term reliability, but time will tell, I hear good things about how well they soak up bumps though.

Last edited:
Aussie distributor is an incompetent pain in the arse .. worst parts supplier I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I'd be buying overseas if I were you mate .. trust me I buy and support local businesses whenever possible as a rule.

LOL Im glad Im not the only one to discover this. I contacted him/them about 4-5 times and got no answer on the phone. Left messages on 2-3 occasions. I managed to get through to someone once and it sounded so pissed I couldnt understand a word it was saying.
Hence I am using Progressive 440.

Contacted hagon in the uk they said I had to go through him might try the US route instead see how that goes.

Mate get Ray to buy them for you , he's got all the time in the world .. he's either lounging around watching cricket or vacuuming out the trunk of his Goldwing .. hahaha

LOL Im glad Im not the only one to discover this. I contacted him/them about 4-5 times and got no answer on the phone. Left messages on 2-3 occasions. I managed to get through to someone once and it sounded so pissed I couldnt understand a word it was saying.
Hence I am using Progressive 440.

Just pretend you are Lushy .. get the VIP treatment ... hahaha. Sorry Nev ;)

Theres a suspension place near me in pakenham they mainly spec wilbers gear but they do yss as well anything has to be better than standard. Cannot afford wilbers unfortunately might get a price on the yss units.

I am also 6ft and went to the 340mm length (Std length being 320mm) which gave me better ground clearance and improved the steering "turn in" they made the bike handle and change direction faster, I bought mine in a group buy organised by Wayne of PowerTripp in the USA, I would be contacting one of our brothers in the States or Ray in the UK as TC suggested, they don't take long to come out and are worth the wait

Theres a suspension place near me in pakenham they mainly spec wilbers gear but they do yss as well anything has to be better than standard. Cannot afford wilbers unfortunately might get a price on the yss units.

YSS make really good stuff .. bloke that owns and started the company was a long time senior tech with Ohlins I was told. Young fella I know that's a mechanic at HD Dealers in Brissy has YSS on the back of his HD Streetrod .. he rides that ***ckin thing hard. Paul Tavener ( Tavener Cycles) fitted YSS to the back of a really trick 131 Jims engine FXR he built up. Both of them love the shocks they are running .. worth looking into I reckon.

Back