Happy Thanksgiving to all

Hunting deer in the morning then back to eat with the family. I like the holiday.

I’m going to the Indians dealer to buy a new bike on Black Friday, I hear they are 50% off. NOT! No kidding though I will buy the new Challenger for Sandy. If that bike runs any better/ faster than her Chieftain it will be hard for the Rocket crowd to keep up with her in the mountains.;)

Which Challenger?
-MIG

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all... My wife and I are headed out to surprise some folks who are standing the watch at our Joint Ops Center with some home baked goodness... As a side benefit, the more we share the goodies with others... the less there is to temp me... Heh!
-MIG

I’m building a 300 blackout 8 1/2 barrel pistol now. Waiting on a couple more parts
This one in particular

upload_2019-11-28_8-47-40.jpeg

I am waiting on a parts kit to build a 10.5" pistol on this lower:

upload_2019-11-28_10-22-12.png

And will get a few MAGA-Zines to go with it.

I’m building a 300 blackout 8 1/2 barrel pistol now. Waiting on a couple more parts
This one in particular

upload_2019-11-28_8-47-40.jpeg

Well then, since you be the one that pulls on that slide lever, I reckon you be the one forked! :eek: :rolleyes: :roll: :p

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I picked up the Black Friday bug nearly a decade ago, when the family was ill and asked me to do the shopping. Saw some crazy things that first night; a 1-ton dualie jumping a median to get to Target, grandmothers delegating tasks to their entire families, and mothers putting their kids on top of doorbusters so that they can get carts. On the years that I wasn't doing as well, I'd stop at a local Starbucks and go online, then make another 4am & 5am run. Some of the home-improvement shops used to do coffee and doughnuts at 5am. Either way, I'd return home around 7am with all kinds of stuff. Saw a few mild arguments, but never any serious mother-fights :p

These days it isn't as much fun, stores open too early and most young adults can't party that hard. By 1am it will be over.

Considering a new phone, but if it doesn't work out I'm sure there will some other impulse-buy to tide me over till Cyber Monday ;)
Let us know if you shank anyone

Let us know if you shank anyone

Got back a while ago, completely empty-handed o_O

Could be that we've already got most of what the doorbusters were, and some of the items being priced very low wasn't really that much different than what we would be able to buy it for online or any other time in the store before Christmas.

There was a line of folks waiting to buy new mobile phones, but they admitted the same price would be available tomorrow if I wanted to come back. Going to save 50%, and pay off the required 30-month installment plan next month, which won't be a bad deal.

The other items I was looking at wasn't worth wait in the line, even though it wasn't that long. Parking wasn't hard. There were a lot of people, but it wasn't as crazy as it has been in previous years.

It will be interesting to see the reported sales figures.

A Canadian tried it - Gun store advertises "White Friday" sale but insists "nobody here is racist," "Black Friday" just reminds him of Trudeau scandal

Phar2slo - Thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to enjoy this Thanksgiving. Off all week, wife and I are staying home - no family, no travel, just peace and quiet. Got the annual check-up bloodwork today so I can eat guilt-free (at least he Dr won't nag). Already setting up for big sale Friday. Have a list of online purchases to be made.
That gun shop is just west of where I live...everyone is just being “too sensitive “, brought him attention as a businessman,I never heard of that gun shop until the story came out. Black Friday is an American thing,but our retailers have jumped on board,and it’s all about Black Friday sales..:rolleyes:..however,I did take advantage of it to buy discounts on some electronic stuff,and some ammunition for the handguns I recently purchased before the government can attempt to outlaw them...:banghead:
Our big post holiday sale up here is Boxing Day,December 26th, ....something our retailers stretch out for a week as well.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American brothers and sisters,I did have today off....and have been enjoying the football all day...:thumbsup:

Back