Freeze Plug Leak

Really a freeze plug?

BTW, is this really a freeze plug or just a drain plug ? I am used to a freeze plug being kinda like a pressure releief so you don't crack the block. this seems to be a screwed in drain plug.

Mitch

See Jack, she is getting a wash !

Mitch

have you ever heard of the infamous "short arm inspection"? Or possibly the "Miss America Test"? When you post a picture of your fat bottom girl on this site....be advised that you are putting her up for public scrutiny.....and you had better make sure she has been certified "A" number "1" prime....clean undercarriage and the like. If not...there are those who will most certainly chastise you for not being the tidy bowl man......:D:D:D....SB...
PS. Nice pic of the Hooters Babes...wonder if they could pass the short.....oh...never mind...:)

Mitch

Let me throw this out and you guys can discuss it..There is no such thing as a freeze plug.The plugs you are speaking of are where the sand is dumped out after casting the block and the holes are plugged with the cups you are seeing.If they could get the sand out a different way you would not have so called freeze plugs.The manufacture doesn't care if you crack your block.Most newer engines don't have the plugs (like the rocket)due to modern casting processes.I have a friend that is using that port for water cooling a turbo hes rigging up. Should be interesting..Cracked blocks I have seen cracked in places other than where the plugs were..Wada ya think???Jack

Jack....

I don't need no stink'in freeze plug...... It's not a freeze plug anyway. It's a threaded cap where the cooling gallery is cast into the block. You are probably right about the 'freeze plug' on a motor block. The Rocket block isn't sand cast anyway. It's a pressure die cast block. No sand. Hardlies have sand cast bottom ends...cast in India.

Who coined the term 'freeze plug'? Henry Ford maybe?

I don't need no stink'in freeze plug...... It's not a freeze plug anyway. It's a threaded cap where the cooling gallery is cast into the block. You are probably right about the 'freeze plug' on a motor block. The Rocket block isn't sand cast anyway. It's a pressure die cast block. No sand. Hardlies have sand cast bottom ends...cast in India.

Right, thats why it dont have any plugs.

But is it really a "Freeze Plug" ?

Mitch

Let me throw this out and you guys can discuss it..There is no such thing as a freeze plug.The plugs you are speaking of are where the sand is dumped out after casting the block and the holes are plugged with the cups you are seeing.If they could get the sand out a different way you would not have so called freeze plugs.The manufacture doesn't care if you crack your block.Most newer engines don't have the plugs (like the rocket)due to modern casting processes.I have a friend that is using that port for water cooling a turbo hes rigging up. Should be interesting..Cracked blocks I have seen cracked in places other than where the plugs were..Wada ya think???Jack

WELL "EXCUSE ME". FREEZE PLUG-DRAIN PLUG. First you have to spell everything correctly on this site, now you need to know parts terminology. Anyway, the Marine Tech did the trick. Sealed up tight as Flip and Jack's wallet.

B man

Wallet?what wallet???I do have a Piggy bank.Sorry Britman ,Just thought it was interesting.Lets just say if it has threads its not a freeze plug..Crazy Jack

Back