Freeze Plug Leak

I need to come clean. I've been sprinkling anti freeze on britman's bike on odd days for the last 3 years because I know how much he detests the smell of anti freeze.

Now it's time for plan B. Make it look like his bike is leaking oil from the shifter arm.

Waiting Quietly

HB,

Your pay back is coming. After the end of August you wouldn't get a good night's sleep in about three years. Nothing like a fresh diaper load at 2am after strained peas and carrots. Wait until your first family dining out experience. Between the diaper bags, bottles, car seats, and assorted other baby related tune up items you have to lug in, you'll be to **** tired to eat. I could go on, but on the first go around it's better to find out for yourself. :p:p:p By the way, we are going to spoil her beyond all recognition and when she poops or gets cranky it's back over the fence.

Well after reading britmans post about repairing leaking plug i left mine alone.
But the day came when the job must be done. Man that had to be one off the tightest bolts on the bike and what a great spot, Lock tight and all.WEll i heated mine with a hair dryer and a lot of grunting got the job done .
Oh i sealed it up again with PTFE Tape the pink type thanks to flip.Seems to be working fine

Ok, Ok, that's what I get for helping out the forum. I'll go wash it right now. I'll know better next time !!!...Mitch
Some pseudoCaptains can't accumulate a couple K miles per year on their steads and spend the balance of the year polishing; and pointing out the hard earned road grime of others, like you and I, that are laying in 10k miles a year and are busy propping up the economy. So go ahead, take a breather and wash the FBG religiously. Be sure to reach every nook and cranny, and towel dry it too a sparkling finish. And be sure to put on at least two coats of wax. On second thought, screw it...:D Ride like you stole it! BTW, great photo.

Well after reading britmans post about repairing leaking plug i left mine alone.
But the day came when the job must be done. Man that had to be one off the tightest bolts on the bike and what a great spot, Lock tight and all.WEll i heated mine with a hair dryer and a lot of grunting got the job done .
Oh i sealed it up again with PTFE Tape the pink type thanks to flip.Seems to be working fine

Pedro,

I have had no problems since the repair. Dry as a "ghost fart".

Back