Replacing Spark Plug Wires (leads)

Wow- that was an interesting read, I just wish I understood even 1/2 of it ;).
What is the factory resistance on the plug wires?
Ride in the rain a lot and when there was a lot of misfire I pulled the plugs and saw this. Two spark plug wires looked like the first one and 4 looked like the second one :

Attachments

• 20220611_134607.jpg
    20220611_134607.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220611_134544.jpg
    20220611_134544.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What is the factory resistance on the plug wires?
Ride in the rain a lot and when there was a lot of misfire I pulled the plugs and saw this. Two spark plug wires looked like the first one and 4 looked like the second one :
So... Got new HT leads from World of Triumph within lest time than purchasing (and cheaper) than the local stealer ship.
Did resistance check and there was no current flowing through wire #3. Switched them out. Applied dielectric grease like it was free (bike looks like she was mud wrestling). Runs perfectly today. Thank you to all the forum gods for all your help.

can u post resistance value
new and old?
the more info we have the better we can help.
I just did some maintenance. Had some new wires on hand, so checked the numbers. Here's what I got (some, but not a lot of change from my original post on the originals. From 1-6:
4.88, 5.3, 4.4, 4.4, 4.4, 4.56
The new ones were from 1 - 6, as follows:
5.3, 5.2, 5.3, 5.2, 4.98, 5.01
I decided to do the replacement.
With new wires, valve adjustment, new plugs, replaced vacuum caps (rotten, leaky) and throttle body sync she runs like brand new!

I just ordered 3 of these. I will post the results, when finished!

Nology ProFire Coil for 0.6 Ohm Triumph Systems (Dual Outlet) - 152001070T​

howd this work out?

Back