Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Every
Is the chart run in 4th gear?
All dyno runs I have ever seen done on my bikes are in 4th. Not sure why. I think that 4th is usually closest to 1:1 ratio or something like that.

Every

All dyno runs I have ever seen done on my bikes are in 4th. Not sure why. I think that 4th is usually closest to 1:1 ratio or something like that.
So if there is a speed limiter, it doesn’t hit it.

So if there is a speed limiter, it doesn’t hit it.
Flat out in 4th will get you to around 130mph indicated.... mine and i assume everyone else's, is "restricted" to a top speed of 147mph indicated. It Rockets(!) up to 147mph then you can really feel the throttles close and it wont go 1mph faster...grrrrr Mine does have Penners map on so i guess it is restricted by some other means.

Flat out in 4th will get you to around 130mph indicated.... mine and i assume everyone else's, is "restricted" to a top speed of 147mph indicated. It Rockets(!) up to 147mph then you can really feel the throttles close and it wont go 1mph faster...grrrrr Mine does have Penners map on so i guess it is restricted by some other means.
Penner said it’s hard coded into the ecu. Have to replace the ecu or use a piggy back to trick it. Not yet developed. He did mention in a post he was working on a script for that. But nothing on the topic for a while. 146 is not fast enough on 700lb motorcycle?!?! Stupid question sorry.

Penner said it’s hard coded into the ecu. Have to replace the ecu or use a piggy back to trick it. Not yet developed. He did mention in a post he was working on a script for that. But nothing on the topic for a while. 146 is not fast enough on 700lb motorcycle?!?! Stupid question sorry.
Penners is a star!
Nope 147mph isnt when i am at the TT or touring through Germany on the autobahns:) Particularly when i am trying to keep up with my mate on his BMW S1000r. And besides it should be my choice i paid for the bike!

Options options options. It gets to 140+ pretty fast, but why only 140 when you can have 180?

Options options options. It gets to 140+ pretty fast, but why only 140 when you can have 180

Wonder what the natural top speed would be with no limiter.

Options options options. It gets to 140+ pretty fast, but why only 140 when you can have 180

Wonder what the natural top speed would be with no limiter.
Saw a video of someone* hitting 171 or something on a dyno and for the life of me can't find the video anymore. I'll keep searching and post it if I come across it.

The video had a title in Thai.

Last edited:
I had a look again. These runs were made in 4th gear. The maximum speed was 215kmh (133mph). So there will not be no speed cutter.
As it was a TFC, the rev limit should be 7400.
The graph shows power going down dramatically at about 6800.
But you also see that at 7000 it is still about 120hp. And at 7200 about 70hp.
So I am pretty sure, the rev limiters soft cut starts at 6800 and it shuts off at 7400.

About the speed cutter: Alain had offered to work on it, but I had that Rocket just for two days and there was not enough time to try.

Attachments

• CIMG6932.JPG
    CIMG6932.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 35
I had a look again. These runs were made in 4th gear. The maximum speed was 215kmh (133mph). So there will not be no speed cutter.
As it was a TFC, the rev limit should be 7400.
The graph shows power going down dramatically at about 6800.
But you also see that at 7000 it is still about 120hp. And at 7200 about 70hp.
So I am pretty sure, the rev limiters soft cut starts at 6800 and it shuts off at 7400.

About the speed cutter: Alain had offered to work on it, but I had that Rocket just for two days and there was not enough time to try.
So it sounds then like this drop in power is caused not by the natural fall off for the engine but rather fuel being cut out somewhere in the ecu outside the fuel tables (ie like the speed limit the ecu also has a rev limit that will cut power outside the fuel tables). Would you agree that’s possible? It would make sense to me that if Triumph really wanted to keep the engine from making 200hp via a simple tune (and keep a future lane open for an “unleashed special edition 200hp Rocket Platinum) they would simply hard code a gradual fuel cut before a full cut and put it someplace other than the place they already know we are tuning. This does not look like the gradual fall off of the engine reaching its max as you would expect to see but rather and abrupt drop characteristic of fuel tapering. Hope I am wrong. This engine does not feel stressed to me when it approaches oem redline. It just stops pulling. Unlike carbureted engines that don’t have a fuel cut. They feel every stressed when you meet and then exceed their max power point which is something you learn to avoid.
I don’t know. Maybe what they did with the old one just makes me think they will try that ace up the sleeve again in three years.

Back