As already mentioned in this thread, nick-names should be given to you by others. My story is not as pretty as some of the others, though. A lot of years ago, I was a single biker who went to every bike run I could find. I was not always particular about who I picked for company on the runs, and some of the other bikers started the old line about "she was so ugly, a man would chew his arm off, like a coyote in a trap, so he wouldn't wake her up." Then they started calling me Coyote, and that is the only name I have used on the road for so long, lots of people think it is my given name. The 569 part is just an add-on to make Coyote work on AOL. I too have moved on from AOL, but the Coyote part is moving into a third decade.

:mad: How embarrassing, I was too IT challanged when I signed up for this forum and accidentally just put in my name...how boring. If someone wants to describe to me how I edit it, and suggests a screen name, I'd be hip to that! My nickname, in small circles, is Ravon (from the Buddy Holly song), no reason, justed tagged that from close friends. Oh, and by the way, rode from Kansas City to Witchita yesterday (177 miles) to see the Rolling Stones. As my daughter says;
"You are never too old to have fun!"

What's in a name anyway.

Raymond:

I find it quite original that you are using your legal name instead of an alias. I think you should leave it just the way it is. Besides, everyone knows you as Raymond anyway.

Comments welcome.

Mick looks tough for an old codger. I'd imagine that "satisfaction" for him is just getting it up.:D

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band is doing a tour starting in his home state and mine. Plays Grand Rapids first, Saginaw second, then on to Indy and west. Dates to be announced.

Gawd I'm getting old. I find classical music to be enjoyable.

Last edited:
Thanks Sidecar, I kinda agree, I will just keep Raymond.
On the music thing, went to the opera Sat. night to hear Madam Butterfly, then Sun. to see Jaeger. I like to listen to both when I ride as well. Opera and classical on early morning solo rides, and rip it up rock & roll when I am burning down the Interstate with my buds.

raymond braswell said:
Thanks Sidecar, I kinda agree, I will just keep Raymond.
On the music thing, went to the opera Sat. night to hear Madam Butterfly, then Sun. to see Jaeger. I like to listen to both when I ride as well. Opera and classical on early morning solo rides, and rip it up rock & roll when I am burning down the Interstate with my buds.

I do like Ravon though. Tomo would need to be contacted to change your username.
As an ex-violin and viola player, I too have a fondness for the classics. I see I'm in good company with your confession and Flips.

I heard Wichita was 97f for the Jaeger concert....:eek:

If you want to change your name... lets wait until after the website move/upgrade. I don't want to put one of our best posters in limbo somewhere, never to be heard from again...:D

raymond braswell said:
:mad: My nickname, in small circles, is Ravon (from the Buddy Holly song), no reason, justed tagged that from close friends.

Buddy Holly? One of my all times favorite r 'n r singer, Raymond. Have many if not most of his songs on either vinyl or re-mastered CD's. Still ravin' on, regardless. Best. Jamie;)

Anyone remember Hawaii 5-0? In junior high school back in the 70's I had to repeatedly endure the "book 'em Danno" joke, being my first name is Dan. As an adult I still have some of my older customers saying it, so hence the name.
I am impressed with the amount of musicians that are on this forum. I too play in several groups as a brass player, I can usually strap my horn on the R3 and get to rehearsals (as long as I can keep it under 100mph):D .

Last edited:
Pointing The Bell

Danno....... Remember to point the bell toward the back or you'll never get to 100mph! Especially the Tuba. What kind of music do you play and what type of horns. Rotory or piston?

Britman

Very simple really, it was what my old local Harley mechanic tagged me when I let the last HD go and brought home my fourth British bike. Right now in the garage besides the R/3, is a 68 Bonney restored, 69 Triumph period chopper, and a 55 Matchless G80CS. I am retired 5-0 having done 32 years. About two thirds of my career was spent in the Detective Division. ( I did take a two year break when Uncle Sam was sending those special invitations in the 60's.) I decided to retire when I promoted to the point where the job was just not fun anymore. Now I work four days a week in an electrical parts warehouse where I ride a fork-lift, drive the delivery truck, cut the tops off of boxes, and wear a big ass grin over how good life is when you get older. I do go out and kiss the mailbox on the first of every month and my wife and I have a small antique business where I specialize in old tools, oak furniture, and wind up record players which I enjoy rebuilding.

Back