Thank you members of this forum

vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
I've been ridding motorized 2 wheelers since I was 8 and I'm 56 now so I've gotten to know the mechanics pretty well but anytime you buy a motorcycle you've never owned before there's a learning curve. Part of the learning curve is asking questions that no doubt have been asked dozens of times before, yes there is a search but if all we did is search the forum would be pretty stale.....and I've searched, a LOT!!

Point of this thread is all the kindness and sometimes sarcasm I've gotten on this forum, I'm a fan of both and enjoy the interaction with you all. My 06' Classic is back on the road and now runs better than it has before, well I've owned it a month and only rode it a week but it runs as smooth as a fine wine. I'm 100% hands on and do all my own repairs and with the help of this forum I've bought and installed a Ram Air, a new remote ignition switch and sync'd the throttle bodies, replaced my exhaust end caps with slash cut to remove that poof, poof sound the cigar ends cause.

Thanks for the help, I'm just getting started!!!!

I've been ridding motorized 2 wheelers since I was 8 and I'm 56 now so I've gotten to know the mechanics pretty well but anytime you buy a motorcycle you've never owned before there's a learning curve. Part of the learning curve is asking questions that no doubt have been asked dozens of times before, yes there is a search but if all we did is search the forum would be pretty stale.....and I've searched, a LOT!!

Point of this thread is all the kindness and sometimes sarcasm I've gotten on this forum, I'm a fan of both and enjoy the interaction with you all. My 06' Classic is back on the road and now runs better than it has before, well I've owned it a month and only rode it a week but it runs as smooth as a fine wine. I'm 100% hands on and do all my own repairs and with the help of this forum I've bought and installed a Ram Air, a new remote ignition switch and sync'd the throttle bodies, replaced my exhaust end caps with slash cut to remove that poof, poof sound the cigar ends cause.

Thanks for the help, I'm just getting started!!!!

Were you the rider that trimmed the lips off the cigar tips?

Did you raw a few mills from the back and then smooth the cut out? Would you please give us some details. I like the looks of the cigar tip but, like you, realized the bike works better with the slash cut and would like to cut the cigar ones.

I used a chucker to turn it out then used a Dremel with a carbide Burr to smooth out anything that was left.

Back