Floorboard parts help

old thread, new bike.
the kits are no longer available but i am going to attempt this on a 2012 roadster. first road trip of the season and my knee (the fake one)
is already killing me.
so, advice? i have read the old threads on conversion. i will figure the brake line out when i get there. contacted the stealership and they want
a GREAT deal of money for all the little pieces. contacted triumph (america) to request a kit or help with one and they were useless (and a little rude).
a good parts source? a motorcycle wrecker that does triumph? someone with a set in their attic?
thanks

Shouldn't have any problem finding someone to 'swap' .. sell might be another story. Blokes like to hold onto their parts, just in case. Bit of jigging around swapping them but it can be done.

You need to be aware that there is a difference between the Classic boards and the other accessory boards. The Classic boards sit much lower and will scrape more readily. The other boards sit your feet more or less at the same height as the pegs on a Standard - if anything just a bit higher because your heel doesn't hang down (if that makes sense). Have a close look at post #8 above, especially the rails, and you'll get an idea of the difference.

You need to be aware that there is a difference between the Classic boards and the other accessory boards. The Classic boards sit much lower and will scrape more readily. The other boards sit your feet more or less at the same height as the pegs on a Standard - if anything just a bit higher because your heel doesn't hang down (if that makes sense). Have a close look at post #8 above, especially the rails, and you'll get an idea of the difference.

yes thanks. i compared the pictures from post #8 to my bike to see the differnece. i understand they will scrape sooner, but at least i will
be able to ride the bike. i have to work to get my boots under the stock shifter. i adjusted it all the way up but still a tight fit. very aggravating
to work on each up shift (do the english have little feet?)
i very specfically asked the dealer about this before purchasing the bike. they showed me the kit and price. when i went back to order it, 'sorry out
of stock'. it got very ugly after that. so now i sold my v2k and bought and have a very nice garage ornament.

2014-03-11 15.27.50.jpg
I put the Kuryakyn set on my '13 Roadster, good fit and almost infinitely adjustable, just needed the proper mounting bracket from them as an extra. I NEED to find the Heel/Toe shift and brake extensions, Any ideas for aftermarket?

I want to put the rocker shift lever and forward brake lever on my '13 Roadster but I'm not sure if they will bolt up to the factory peg rail that is on it. I have Kuryakyn floor boards on it already. Any Idea? What else do I need.

Back