Floorboard parts help

HellFire

Legend
Hey guys, need some help with part numbers and the difference between them.
Triumph accessories has two kinds of floorboards on the web site but doesn't say what the difference is. One is listed as "Floorboard Kit - Classic, part number A9758081 $449.99". The other is listed as "Footboards, part number A9758085 $449.99".
The photos look exactly alike, and they both come up for 2008 standard Rocket III.
Does anyone have a clue what the difference is? I found a good deal on the 1st one for $340 and the seller says it includes EVERYTHING, engine bars, brake pedal, brake line, heel-toe shifter and the boards. It's a great deal and works out to be the same price as Rivco parts, so might as well go with factory stuff, right? I just cannot get a grasp on why there are two part numbers for what looks like the same kit on triumphs site. One would think that the second one is just the boards alone, but the prices are the same.
Has anyone delt with this before? Is there someone you recomend I call that has the resources to help? Thanks. :confused:

call the closet triumph dealer to u and ask them what the difference is

I meant to point that deal out to you, Hellfire. the 8081 set is listed for the Classic and the 8085 set is undistinguished on Triumph's own site. Definitely confusing?! the former is pictured on the footbrake side and the latter on the shifter side.

BTW, If I didn't have the Rivco setup I'd definitely be going the Triumph way, too! The boards look considerably longer and I'll bet that the distance between the pegs on the heel-toe shifter is more than the 12" it is with the Rivco array. My size 9.5 Redwings do not fit on the boards without being interfered with by the shifter... not a good design, IMO!

I meant to point that deal out to you, Hellfire. the 8081 set is listed for the Classic and the 8085 set is undistinguished on Triumph's own site. Definitely confusing?! the former is pictured on the footbrake side and the latter on the shifter side.

BTW, If I didn't have the Rivco setup I'd definitely be going the Triumph way, too! The boards look considerably longer and I'll bet that the distance between the pegs on the heel-toe shifter is more than the 12" it is with the Rivco array. My size 9.5 Redwings do not fit on the boards without being interfered with by the shifter... not a good design, IMO!
See, that would make sense to me too ... except for one thing, the classic already comes with boards. The assumption I've come to is that the part listed as "Classic" means that it contains all the parts a classic comes with factory. It turns that part of an R3 into the equivalent of a classic. Hell I don't know what it all means, I just have to find a parts expert who knows for sure before I commit to buying the kit. I wish the accessories page had more **** details and photos, sure would be a big help making a choice. :rolleyes:

The one for the "classic" lets your foot rest flat.
The other one is angled up a little bit.
So your toe points slightly up, not bad, just a little and not flat.
Really? now that makes sense. So I have another decision to make. Have you experieced both? Seems to me that having it angled up a little would be more comfortable, whats your opinion?

Thanks Jack, that was a big help. They look fine to me, I'll just order the Classic set, don't think I'd want them to be tilted up any further than that. I didn't realize the HUGE difference in all the hardware, it's no wonder the kit comes with new brake lines ... everything gets moved around quite a bit.

OK, now .... who wants to start the bidding on the parts I take off? I remember reading someone out there with a classic who wanted pegs. It will be awhile before they are available, but pass the word pegs will be available in the future. :cool:

I'm not having much luck finding a dealer who knows for sure what the differences are. My local dealer came right out and said he didn't know, and I emailed Gengras to see if they knew ....

Hey Kelly,

Yeah, I can match that price but cannot go any lower unfortunately. From the looks of both kits, not only is the board different but the levers are also different.

There is the classic footboard kit which "probably" is meant for the rocket III classic(but will fit on either) and then the standard footboard kit.

That is my take on the two, but both will fit the Rocket III.

Hope you have a happy new year and thank you for giving us a chance.

Doug Cyr
Parts Advisor
Gengras Motorcycles
Harley-Davidson-Buell
BMW-Triumph-Ducati
221 Governor Street
East Hartford, CT. 06108

I'll bet you are correct that the angle is the only difference, funny how someone with Triumphs ear doesn't know for sure.

Back