First ride with triple K&Ns

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
It finally got up to 30 degrees today. -2 for my metric brethren. The snow is off the road so I tried out my latest mod. All I can say is Hole E Shniekies! The ***** can breath! Being able to hear the motor through the intakes satisfies anything I may have lost as far as an exhaust note when I came over from Harley. The motor sounds like a snarling cat. It's cool as hell. The seat of the pants experience is awesome. In first gear I bounce off the rev limiter at 60mph. While riding I noticed that I was riding a gear lower than normal. 5th gear was totally unnecessary at highway speeds as I cruised comfortably 65-80mph in 4th gear. I can really tell she doesn't need to work near as hard as with the stock air box. If this is what is called a small performance improvement then I can't wa it to get Paul's header and cross over pipes. I currently am running TORS and will stick with them for the time being.
If you haven't upgraded your induction then I would highly recommend to get to it. I'm running Hanso's tune that he sent me previously and had been running . I ran the 12 minute tune and all seems dandy.

Great to have you back my friend . Sod -2 , wouldn't wanna ride in that . It's some windchill at 70mph , too cold for me ! Glad the K n Ns are working out for you mate , that intake roar is awesome innit ? What did you do with the crankcase breather in the end ? :)

It finally got up to 30 degrees today. -2 for my metric brethren. The snow is off the road so I tried out my latest mod. All I can say is Hole E Shniekies! The ***** can breath! Being able to hear the motor through the intakes satisfies anything I may have lost as far as an exhaust note when I came over from Harley. The motor sounds like a snarling cat. It's cool as hell. The seat of the pants experience is awesome. In first gear I bounce off the rev limiter at 60mph. While riding I noticed that I was riding a gear lower than normal. 5th gear was totally unnecessary at highway speeds as I cruised comfortably 65-80mph in 4th gear. I can really tell she doesn't need to work near as hard as with the stock air box. If this is what is called a small performance improvement then I can't wa it to get Paul's header and cross over pipes. I currently am running TORS and will stick with them for the time being.
If you haven't upgraded your induction then I would highly recommend to get to it. I'm running Hanso's tune that he sent me previously and had been running . I ran the 12 minute tune and all seems dandy.
My reaction was the same. I also remove the secondaries. The front wheel has a tendency to lose traction in first and second. Warm up the rear tire a little and you can brighten up the tree tops with your headlight.

Can we see the left side of your bike. Would like to see what you did to the bear claw if anything. I have 97 Classic and run stock pipes, no CAT, stock intake through a K&N.

Can we see the left side of your bike. Would like to see what you did to the bear claw if anything. I have 97 Classic and run stock pipes, no CAT, stock intake through a K&N.

Have just done the mods,ramair,Paul Bryant headers and crossover,tors and a tune from hanso all I can say is it rocks.

20170123_130745.jpg
Crank case breather is still stock. I taped up the hole that was left for now

A Sharpe, a cutting wheel, a grinding wheel, and a sanding wheel. Remember that ground metal gets hot. I got reminded once.:confused:

Back