First ride with triple K&Ns

Just a little curious - It looks great, but I am thinking about rain...what would happen riding in a rainstorm, wouldn't water get sucked in through the filters? Or am I being unmechanically inclined ignorant?
The air filters seem to be fine. I have the K & N 2780s and they are tucked under the bear claw fine. I have been caught in rain several times without an issue. Having the Air Temp sensor filter exposed is no big deal as there is no vacuum or suction, it is merely measuring ambient air temp. I would be concerned with an expose breather filter though. Although the crank creates pressure at higher RPM it can draw negative pressure at idle or low rpm like crawling in traffic.

It finally got up to 30 degrees today. -2 for my metric brethren. The snow is off the road so I tried out my latest mod. All I can say is Hole E Shniekies! The ***** can breath! Being able to hear the motor through the intakes satisfies anything I may have lost as far as an exhaust note when I came over from Harley. The motor sounds like a snarling cat. It's cool as hell. The seat of the pants experience is awesome. In first gear I bounce off the rev limiter at 60mph. While riding I noticed that I was riding a gear lower than normal. 5th gear was totally unnecessary at highway speeds as I cruised comfortably 65-80mph in 4th gear. I can really tell she doesn't need to work near as hard as with the stock air box. If this is what is called a small performance improvement then I can't wa it to get Paul's header and cross over pipes. I currently am running TORS and will stick with them for the time being.
If you haven't upgraded your induction then I would highly recommend to get to it. I'm running Hanso's tune that he sent me previously and had been running . I ran the 12 minute tune and all seems dandy.
Is a crossover pipe from Paul run a pipe down each side? I was only looking to have the one pipe.

The air filters seem to be fine. I have the K & N 2780s and they are tucked under the bear claw fine. I have been caught in rain several times without an issue. Having the Air Temp sensor filter exposed is no big deal as there is no vacuum or suction, it is merely measuring ambient air temp. I would be concerned with an expose breather filter though. Although the crank creates pressure at higher RPM it can draw negative pressure at idle or low rpm like crawling in traffic.
Is a crossover pipe from Paul run a pipe down each side? I was only looking to have the one pipe.
HAS anyone done any proper tuning on a DYNO and what are the results all these mods are made to improve performance so how much has it improved and what are the numbers ?

20170123_130745.jpg
Crank case breather is still stock. I taped up the hole that was left for now
That looks great. any chance of you sharing the map Hanso sent you?

Moisture is not really a problem with the Ramair, as they are treated with magic muck that you reapply after cleaning the filter at around 10000 miles or sooner if needed !
My bike has pcv and tors , the dyno readings are 149rwh and around 150 ft lbs torque . Greatly improved over stock ! I also have the secondaries removed and redine of 7000rpm .

Where in the rpm band do those numbers appear ?

HAS anyone done any proper tuning on a DYNO and what are the results all these mods are made to improve performance so how much has it improved and what are the numbers ?
I would like to ride up to Washington to visit @1olbull and his tuner once I get pauls header and cross over tube.

I would like to ride up to Washington to visit @1olbull and his tuner once I get pauls header and cross over tube.

An easy two day jaunt up here.
Let me know when you wish to come ASAP so I can help out with your Nels experience. :thumbsup:
My summer ride schedule is already starting to fill. :D

Back