First ride with triple K&Ns

The ISCV is the stepper motor setting, it controls the engine idle - Idle Stepper Control Voltage - it needs to be calibrated along with the TPS. This is all done with the TuneEcu program after you download a new tune onto your ECU, or if you are experiencing idle issues.

Moisture is not an issue. My bearclaw covers the RamAir completely
Do you have a tune for K&N or Ram Air and TORs? If you do can you send it to me.?!:thumbsup:

Moisture is not really a problem with the Ramair, as they are treated with magic muck that you reapply after cleaning the filter at around 10000 miles or sooner if needed !
My bike has pcv and tors , the dyno readings are 149rwh and around 150 ft lbs torque . Greatly improved over stock ! I also have the secondaries removed and redine of 7000rpm .

Those are respectable numbers. I don't think I have been near 6000 rpm ever. Did your fuel consumption go up a lot? What's your tank range these days?

Those are respectable numbers. I don't think I have been near 6000 rpm ever. Did your fuel consumption go up a lot? What's your tank range these days?
To be completely honest , not good at all !
The bike has been Dynod and the ECU remapped for performance and the fuel air mix is optimum , However , my bikes to me are just toys nowadays and to that end I pick the crooked routes and ride hard , often 2 up with my lady who always wants to go faster !
On dual carriageways I am generally pinned , between speed cameras . So in answer to your question , average around 20 to 30 mpg
But worth every penny ! :) :thumbsup:

To be completely honest , not good at all !
The bike has been Dynod and the ECU remapped for performance and the fuel air mix is optimum , However , my bikes to me are just toys nowadays and to that end I pick the crooked routes and ride hard , often 2 up with my lady who always wants to go faster !
On dual carriageways I am generally pinned , between speed cameras . So in answer to your question , average around 20 to 30 mpg
But worth every penny ! :) :thumbsup:

Hey, that's what I get, perhaps 30 to 33. The crooked route is all right. I don't ride too hard any more but open it up some most every ride. It was your ride depict that got me fired up. Probably will upgrade to a set of sidewinders. I like that triple fan look. For now it is just doing one thing at a time kind'a thing and learning how to work on the bike. Next will be RamAir.

Last edited:
WELL SCREW IT! I can't leave well enuff alone. was gonna just leave the new RamAir covered with the bear claw, but WHAT F'N FUN WOULD THAT BE!!!!! Cut & grind baby, cut & grind... I can't imagine it any other way!
I'm blaming it on @BigNorm :roll: :roll: :roll:
IMG_6176.JPG
IMG_6177.JPG

Back