Filtering on a R3 R - is it too wide?

And that's what I miss about my 14 Rocket. I had TORS that were getting louder by the day. They weren't obnoxious but when you wound out the RPM's it got loud. Dive bombing (that's what I call it) drivers that are inattentive and waking them up was a blast on my 14 Rocket. I wish the 2020 Rocket was louder but if I wind it out it gets loud enough to get peoples attention. I do miss the 2014 Rockets louder exhaust though.:thumbsup:
I'm just the opposite. You must be younger than 68.

😄
I think it is just personal preference. Just so happens that in my experience more older people prefer quiet pipes.
Don't get me wrong Space Cowboy. I like a nice tone and certainly not Harley loud. The new Rockets are pretty anemic for the huge amounts of horsepower you must admit. It's like Mike Tyson. You see a wrecking machine and then he talks and you're like WTH?? I just wish it was a little more throaty is all. Don't get me started on that pissy horn.:mad:

Just to get back on topic, Lane splitting in slow moving traffic is legal here in Ireland and I lane split when it suits me (and the gap is there). It takes more judgement to be sure than on a normal width bike, but that's the fun part.

Don't get me wrong Space Cowboy. I like a nice tone and certainly not Harley loud. The new Rockets are pretty anemic for the huge amounts of horsepower you must admit. It's like Mike Tyson. You see a wrecking machine and then he talks and you're like WTH?? I just wish it was a little more throaty is all. Don't get me started on that pissy horn.:mad:
I don't feel that way. I don't expect from a beautiful powerful bike that it have a louder sound. It's the performance I am after. I think the sound is perfect for the performance. Louder pipe does not make it perform faster unless designed that way. And I am fine with stock power.
Another factor is I love music when riding for long periods. Good music, the ride, the scenery go together like peanut butter, jelly, white bread and milk for me. Don't want to hear motor while listening.
Actually, when I used to watch boxing did not care Tyson sounded like he inhaled helium, just that he performed.
I used to think the other way not long ago, and feared getting this bike I would miss a louder sound. Concerned vanished.

Small point about the reference you made to that old song, space cowboy that I hated. Just use screen name pls. 😄

Last edited:
I don't feel that way. I don't expect from a beautiful powerful bike that it have a louder sound. It's the performance I am after. I think the sound is perfect for the performance. Louder pipe does not make it perform faster unless designed that way. And I am fine with stock power.
Another factor is I love music when riding for long periods. Good music, the ride, and scenery go together like peanut butter, jelly and white bread for me. Don't want to hear motor while listening.
Actually, when I used to watch boxing did not care Tyson sounded like he inhaled helium, just that he performed.
I used to think the other way not long ago, and feared getting this bike I would miss a louder sound. Concerned vanished.

Small point about the reference you made to that old song, space cowboy that I hated. Just use screen name pls. 😄
Well said sir!

Another factor is I love music when riding for long periods. Good music, the ride, and scenery go together like peanut butter, jelly and white bread for me. Don't want to hear motor while listening.

I see your point. :thumbsup:

I never could stand that **** song

Back