Filtering on a R3 R - is it too wide?

I had a BRC student dead-set against "Bikers splitting lanes and getting ahead of me..." (her words) until I explained that for every motorcycle IN-FRONT of her who split a lane got her one vehicle space closer to the stop light... ultimately giving her a better chance of making said light (for those of us who sit through more than one light cycle). The light went on and she "GOT-IT" ...suddenly became very pro lane splitting. Heh!
-MIG
Not everybody can engage in reasonable thinking.

Driving has become so competitive. It's a freaking race especially at certain places on ones route.
So ridiculous cages try to get in front of me approaching a light, like I will hold them up. I never do. Can't they just look at the bike and know this?
You splitters are brave. I feel like a beater car will see me coming and open the door to empty a cup.

Driving has become so competitive. It's a freaking race especially at certain places on ones route.
So ridiculous cages try to get in front of me approaching a light, like I will hold them up. I never do. Can't they just look at the bike and know this?
You splitters are brave. I feel like a beater car will see me coming and open the door to empty a cup.
If I couldn't lane split and ride semi-aggressively I might as well be in a car. There is so much traffic out anywhere you travel in California so if you want to go from point A to point B then you split traffic and you really can't be timid about it as some of these texting soccer moms can smell fear. The fun part is riding by someone on their phone texting and they don't see or hear you until you pass by their window quickly and they sh*t themselves because of their inattention. Good times!

when i pass about six vehicles i will b going 100+ it tends to wake them up
i try to ease up on the throttle when i go by unless i am coming to a no passing zone.
the ones that worry me is the second and third cars because they r the only one that has a chance to pass (except the rocket) and will pull out to pass

I tend to lane split if the traffic is heavy and i can see im gonna be sitting thru several light changes...if the traffic is light ill just sit back...until i miss the first light change that is!...als...if your'e riding with a group, it dosnt take long to get left behind if you dont lane split with them. I have a buddy who seems to be able to get thru impossible gaps...he is sitting up front there with me over here in the cycle lane perhaps and its a big drag away from the lights!!..

when i pass about six vehicles i will b going 100+ it tends to wake them up
i try to ease up on the throttle when i go by unless i am coming to a no passing zone.
the ones that worry me is the second and third cars because they r the only one that has a chance to pass (except the rocket) and will pull out to pass
And that's what I miss about my 14 Rocket. I had TORS that were getting louder by the day. They weren't obnoxious but when you wound out the RPM's it got loud. Dive bombing (that's what I call it) drivers that are inattentive and waking them up was a blast on my 14 Rocket. I wish the 2020 Rocket was louder but if I wind it out it gets loud enough to get peoples attention. I do miss the 2014 Rockets louder exhaust though.:thumbsup:

Back