Extended Powerbronze Windscreen

I just changed my mind. Just finished a 600 mile round trip overnight trip to Monterey. The PowerBronze held up admirably at high speeds on the back roads and freeway speeds of 75 to 85 mph. It kept the wind off my chest and my hands didn't get tired. I used the cruise control maybe 4 times for short durations. The grommets are the problem. You have to find the sweet spot when tightening to keep the windshield from bouncing but not busting the hard plastic grommets. Maybe it's just this area that has a ton of bugs but I never needed to clean my visor or windshield on my trip. I have a theory I am around 35 miles from Sacramento and all of the political BS permeates to the foothills thus attracting bugs. It's based on science:cool:. Anyway, I have come to like the PowerBronze but I'm watching the grommets carefully.
Grommets are plastic on yours? Mine are rubber, they go in the holes on shield.
I found the spacers the problem, dried out, crumbled into pieces. Replaced with much harder ones from Ace. When tightening bolts can really torque hard. Solid. Good luck!

Grommets are plastic on yours? Mine are rubber, they go in the holes on shield.
I found the spacers the problem, dried out, crumbled into pieces. Replaced with much harder ones from Ace. When tightening bolts can really torque hard. Solid. Good luck!
I said grommets and meant spacers. The grommets are flimsy as hell and they also crack. I think I will venture down to Ace also so I stop checking them on every fill up. 👍

Back