Extended Powerbronze Windscreen

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
For those that have this screen for awhile, can you let me know if the larger spacers held up. One of mine split, exposing the bolt. I know I did not overtighten! Luckily company is sending me replacements. Thanks for responses.

Attachments

• 20210607_133412.jpg
    20210607_133412.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 85
For those that have this screen for awhile, can you let me know if the larger spacers held up. One of mine split, exposing the bolt. I know I did not overtighten! Luckily company is sending me replacements. Thanks for responses.

is that the screen that they say u can't drive over 80 mph :laugh:
i am just full of crap this morning:roll::roll:

Yep, mine split a few weeks back. Both of the uppers split and lowers are fine. They sent me 2 extra uppers with the original purchase for some reason although they are a few millimeters shorter. I also did not overtighten them. I leave then loose until I ride and then tighten them before I go. It's bullsh** but what else can I do. The buffering causes the fractures in the spacers. Nothing we can do about it except keep replacing spacers I guess. On my planned trip in a few weeks I'm packing my OEM windshield with me just in case as the chance of the spacers splitting again is high. There still doesn't seem to be a good aftermarket windshield out yet.
I might try aluminum ones on amazon. Correct size for less than 6 bucks. Don't overtighten. At least they won't split!!

Seems like a sh!t quality product! With al due respect to sh!t.
Actually I have overtime enjoyed both appearance and function of the extended screen. The base plate cracked near the bolt from user error. I did not tighten bolts periodically. Company sent replacement.
Only problem now are the larger spacers splitting. I think it is because of dry climate. Company mailing new ones. I will replace with metal ones once these split. Will see.

For those that have this screen, are you annoyed as I am trying to clean the back of the 1st screen where bugs get a couple of inches up? Hand cannot reach higher from the bottom. And cannot go far enough down from the top. Have to use screwdriver with cloth on the end to reach. Love the screen but man.

For those that have this screen, are you annoyed as I am trying to clean the back of the 1st screen where bugs get a couple of inches up? Hand cannot reach higher from the bottom. And cannot go far enough down from the top. Have to use screwdriver with cloth on the end to reach. Love the screen but man.
That's exactly how I do it. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to take it apart and put it back together I would do that. It isn't difficult just a pain and you don't want to scratch anything taking the windshield on and off. Due to that small open section I actually get more bugs on my helmet visor than the windshield.

That's exactly how I do it. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to take it apart and put it back together I would do that. It isn't difficult just a pain and you don't want to scratch anything taking the windshield on and off. Due to that small open section I actually get more bugs on my helmet visor than the windshield.
You have the extended shield, adjustable?

Back