Not being picky here Phil but 20-30% more power than jardines on a STOCK engine ?
The Carpenter Brute 3-1 system is free flowing, working at its best with non restrictive inlet & even better at high rpm, a really good system but 30%

Properly tuned the brutes will deliver 25-30 more horsies and 15-20 ft lbs more torque than the Jars, properly tuned, of course. That's right from the horse's mouth, btw!;)

See correction below!!!

Welcome.

Of the one's that I am familiar with:

Jardines - LOUD, look good, available, 3 into 2 arrangement, a safe bet, great power.

Triumph TORs - Somewhat loud, unfavorable barking sound (at least to me), available, similar to stock 3 into 3 arrangement, a safe bet.

Staintune - Good sound, similar to stock 3 into 3, more expensive, fixed baffle (no repacking), not too loud, good power.

Good luck on your search.
that is probally the best compraison your going to get I Agree 100% with Mr Tdragger he didnt mention the Carpenter Brute as they are actulally designed for motors running Cams and Higher Compression (resulting the need to have Higher flow rate to put out the 240HP) and the Information I have from One of the foremost if not the Top Tunners of triumphs is unless you have the formentioned mods the larger (2 inch OD headertubes as per Brutes) can actually cause excessive turbulance and lose some of the benifiets, It has been found that 1 3/4 inch OD is the best Max header OD for gaining performance from a Stock Motor with only changing to better (freer flowing triples or Pipercross) type air filtration and a good tuning/remaping being the only other mods done

Here you go the sheet stock Triumph Rocket Touring and the same bike with the Brute pipe OEM velocity stacks not other mods.

No bragging no exagerating of percentages no claims of how much more,or who's wanker is bigger then the others, just the dyno sheet before and after. The bike was tune with tune boy only. There ar other exhaust out there you should buy what you want:D

Properly tuned the brutes will deliver 25-30 more horsies and 15-20 ft lbs more torque than the Jars, properly tuned, of course. That's right from the horse's mouth, btw!;)
I had Jars from the first batch made years ago quite a few years ago, with under seat K&N/PC3 it dyno-ed at 150/148
So that means 'according to a horse' if Brutes existed then they would have given me 180hp & 168ftlb on a stock motor.
Sorry do not mean to hijack thread, just trying to give an accurate
picture.

I had Jars from the first batch made years ago quite a few years ago, with under seat K&N/PC3 it dyno-ed at 150/148
So that means 'according to a horse' if Brutes existed then they would have given me 180hp & 168ftlb on a stock motor.
Sorry do not mean to hijack thread, just trying to give an accurate
picture.

Not to worry Les, but the dyno above on the Rocket Touring is a 37.68% increase over the Triumph pipe set up!!! I am not claiming anythign about the Jardines on th etouring because I honestly do not know what they pull. If someone does I can surely do the math for them :D

I am NOT knocking Carpenter or Brutes in ANY way !
My R3 was 128rwhp stock went up to 150 with Jars still with air box K&N
That touring showed really good gains, but it was 20hp down to start with because of the Touring detune.
164hp is still nice but that is with velocity stacks only, under seat filter & ducting would bring it down maybe 8-10 hp
Leaving 156hp for the Brutes which is about what I would have expected,
better than Jars of course, ABSOLUTELY no argument, but all I am trying to make clear is it is NOT 30hp better on a stock motor as stated before.
Am not puffing my chest, sabre rattling or preaching jardine gospel

I am NOT knocking Carpenter or Brutes in ANY way !
My R3 was 128rwhp stock went up to 150 with Jars still with air box K&N
That touring showed really good gains, but it was 20hp down to start with because of the Touring detune.
164hp is still nice but that is with velocity stacks only, under seat filter & ducting would bring it down maybe 8-10 hp
Leaving 156hp for the Brutes which is about what I would have expected,
better than Jars of course, ABSOLUTELY no argument, but all I am trying to make clear is it is NOT 30hp better on a stock motor as stated before.
Am not puffing my chest, sabre rattling or preaching jardine gospel

Ya Phil is many things but a Mathematician is not one that comes to mind:D
Ihave jars on Gracie but they will most likely come off I like the megaphone better myself. I wouldn't mind a triple megaphone but I think the corbin bags would be in the way !

That's your pain meds talking, oh warped one!:p

Scott, of course you knew that Carpenter just fitted a brand new, bone stock R3T with the Brutes and a proper TuneBoy download and produced about 165 rwhp and 165ish ft lbs of torque, corrected, as the dyno sheet you posted above shows. Naturally, the airbox was pulled and I was quoting the numbers from the uncorrected pulls... my bad. I had a little fun with the numbers, one might say.:eek:

Back