Enlisting Mufasa for Salt Duty

Datalogging functional. GPS functional.
Waiting on some components but it looks like this is going to work better than I planned with tons of extra speed.

Next steps:
getting the crazy high resolution sensor reading working (wired up on bike) and datalogging into a csv file at 100 samples a second
getting the crank VR sensor output converted to a high/low digital signal the controller can read and log
coding and wiring up the display

Current status on the bike:
Rules compliance parts being fitted.
Maintenance is done aside from front wheel bearings.
Fairing being installed this weekend.
17x6 billet rear wheel on order, should be done soon! If you want one PM me, I'll be the US distributor for them, price still being finalized, but well under the obsolete 18x8.5 BST wheel. The BST is a beautiful piece of tech, but tires with grip don't exist for it any longer.

200/60 sportbike tires, welcome to super-duty lol!

Bike runs like a raped ape currently, 4k and up is butter smooth and strong. I noted the other day it didn't feel fast to me. Well, I had Alice out today, and she too doesn't feel fast, so ..it's just me. Apparently a deep 9s/high 8s bike isn't enough to terrify me anymore.

Last edited:
Snagged a "Sports Belly Pan" today, if nothing else, it should keep the salt buildup on the oil filter and waterpump area to a minimum. I always wanted to add one just never got around to it. Will it help aero or just cancel out the smoother air with increased front area? No idea lol. I'll be adding to it some to remove the vent holes and possibly upwards to meet up with the radiator.

bellypan.jpg

This afternoon's progress is on the PC, not the bike.
On the street I've been using a conservative 8k RPM limit, no reason to spin it higher but... on the salt, the overrun area may help with control on the big end, preventing hitting rev limiter at extreme speeds and allowing for modulation right at peak power without fighting the RPM limitation. Working on transposing everything from my 8K tune to the 9K tune and getting it flashed.

Final tune revision will need to wait on the rear wheel arrival and a ZR tire is fitted. The gents at 2WDW weren't too keen on spinning the roller to 200 last time to tune the high end of 5th gear, and I don't blame them, its a very intimidating feeling standing next to or sitting on an R3 doing 200 on a roller, insane amounts of kinetic energy.

This time, I'll be having Nate work out the big end of 5th almost exclusively to get it as refined as possible.

Back