Engine Vibration continues

When I was in Hawaii it drove me nuts riding with the HD crowd. They all cruised at like 58mph.... its not a happy speed on the rocket, even stock. Always 5 mph too slow for 5th, but seemed too high in 4th to be comfortable lol.
60 MPH iin 5th gear is no problem for either of my ROCKETS

No, you actually don't. I guarantee the roads in Hawaii are entirely different than the mountains on the East coast, I've lived both places.

upload_2018-12-20_7-37-29.png

So here is what I have decided to do. Machined out a 1/2" washer so it is a interference fit on the rivet head. I am going to use epoxy and peen it slightly to keep it in place. Makes it so I can easily remove it if things don't work out. I will either have the smoothest Rocket around or my wife is gonna want to go riding more:D:D:D. Just a waiting game for the parts from Triumph before I can run the engine and who knows when I'll be able to take it for a ride:(
upload_2018-12-20_7-49-33.png

View of my back yard:(

Good luck! Really looking forward to the outcome. On shorter trips the vibration isn't a big deal, but on a 600+ mile ride it gets to be tedious.

She lives!!! Finished putting her together and fired her up tonight. The engine feels smoother to me. I have a HD helmet lock on the handle bars and there is a bar that would vibrate around when I reved it before and doesn't seem to now. I tried putting pressure on clutch lever at 2400 rpm and it still smooths out a little but it doesn't feel like the vibration is as bad as before. The real test will be on the road but sorry guys, that's not gonna be for a while yet. You can be sure it will be as soon as the weather allows. Really want to see how new pistons and cams work. Should be around 200hp now:):):)

Back