ebay rear wheel and tire

HEY....

I run the DS because I am cheap....:D I have been running the same rear tire since 2007...:p It will dry rot before I wear it out.

I have run that tire so long the handling does not cause an issue for me. I also love the added traction I get when making hard runs through the gears. The F1 Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 Hooks up great when the tire is warm..

The DS is not for everyone..When I do get another rear wheel for the Rocket I will put a M/C tire on it.

The M/C tire has many advantages over a C/T....the C/T has a few over the M/C tire

Just my 2 cents worth

Yea, yea, yea, bunch of funny bastards !!!!!!

Caught one hanso!

Fishing is fun.

Ok. Canberra.
The main reason is I want to teach my wife to ride and I would not try it on a darkside. The other reason is I would like to have another wheel so that I can buff it to a chrome like finish.

Switch hitter? Warp9.9, you have been at that job too **** long. Time for a change.

Nolten, my friend, Please......reconsider trying to teach someone (anyone for that matter) on an R3. Unless being single is part of the master plan ;)

One thing about the DS tire is I have to air it up once in awhile. Just about every 4 days I have to add air. The reason "I've been told" is the air pressure I run (28 psi is the sweet spot for my weight) is not enough to keep the bead seated. Tell you the truth I'm not to trustworthy of this tire sometimes. I go into a corner really hard I sometimes tighten up and wonder if the bead will "blow out". :eek:

One thing about the DS tire is I have to air it up once in awhile. Just about every 4 days I have to add air. The reason "I've been told" is the air pressure I run (28 psi is the sweet spot for my weight) is not enough to keep the bead seated. Tell you the truth I'm not to trustworthy of this tire sometimes. I go into a corner really hard I sometimes tighten up and wonder if the bead will "blow out". :eek:
Id be checkin the valve stem for a leaks, I check my tyre regularly and find front wil ocasionly lose some but my C/T stay constant pressure whether I have it at 28 for solo riding or 32 fully loaded

Mully

You got something wrong....there with your tire. maybe a small piece of wire stuck into it.

Pump it up to 40- 45 psi and spray it with soapy water...and look for small bubbles. if you can get it off the ground it is a lot easier...to find the leak

I might loose 1 psi in 3 months....I run 28 psi when just riding.....32 when I want to play hard

don't worry Mully as long as you don't have to use a blue pill to keep air in your other tire you'll be fine. :eek:

I never add air to my Bridgestone !!!!!! HMMM nor any other MC tire except the metz. But then I was able to stick a pencil into the hole in it. 4 plugs just to get it to hold air so I could get home. Changed her out because it worried me to much.

Id be checkin the valve stem for a leaks, I check my tyre regularly and find front wil ocasionly lose some but my C/T stay constant pressure whether I have it at 28 for solo riding or 32 fully loaded

Mully

You got something wrong....there with your tire. maybe a small piece of wire stuck into it.

Pump it up to 40- 45 psi and spray it with soapy water...and look for small bubbles. if you can get it off the ground it is a lot easier...to find the leak

I might loose 1 psi in 3 months....I run 28 psi when just riding.....32 when I want to play hard

I'm thinking they tore the bead of the tire while mounting it. That's my guess anyways. If they did I guess I won't worry about it..... just keep adding air. If I'm going to take the wheel and tire off I will go ahead and install the new metz I have sitting here.

don't worry Mully as long as you don't have to use a blue pill to keep air in your other tire you'll be fine. :eek:

I never add air to my Bridgestone !!!!!! HMMM nor any other MC tire except the metz. But then I was able to stick a pencil into the hole in it. 4 plugs just to get it to hold air so I could get home. Changed her out because it worried me to much.

Blue pill? I don't think I understand. :confused:

Back