Easy or Edge(Ghost) Brackets

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
I've been searching through some old posts on the forum looking for opinions on either of the two brackets, for those of you that have and use them which ones did you get and why. Also how are they working out for you?

I have a set of the OEM saddlebags and brackets and am considering upgrading to a quick mount system. Any advice you'd have would be appreciated, thanks.

I have the easy brackets, I can't really compare them to anything else though since these are the first I've tried.

I like them just fine, my only complaint is that one of the latches is hard to turn with the key.
I keep a small wooden block in the garage and give it a couple light taps to seat the bracket so the key will turn.

I've been meaning to take a Dremel tool and open up the hole a bit to see if that helps it.

I sold mine as I went to the other method of make the bags day to remove, you just drill to holes in the leather bags where the two main bolts go and remove the bags and hanger bracket in one go. Two bolts and the bag is of put the original bolts in while bags are off, they don't allow any water in thru the holes as they seal against the hanger frame, I also use the triumph liner bags to make packing and unpacker eaiser

Perfect, thanks RKTNMYPKT.
I'm probably going to order these over the edge because I like the more parallel mounting of the bag as compared to the edge.... Hope that makes sense

Thi
I sold mine as I went to the other method of make the bags day to remove, you just drill to holes in the leather bags where the two main bolts go and remove the bags and hanger bracket in one go. Two bolts and the bag is of put the original bolts in while bags are off, they don't allow any water in thru the holes as they seal against the hanger frame, I also use the triumph liner bags to make packing and unpacker eaiser
This is exactly what I did, takes about 10 to remove the bags....great minds:thumbsdown:

HansO, do you remove the bags when you wash the bike? I wasn't sure if that was a necessity as they get rained on now and then.

I found the ghost bracket made the bags sit out to far and moved a around a bit even thou they were secure

I have the Edge brackets. They are a pain to take off and put on. It usually takes a few good knees under the bag to get it to release, then something to tap the bracket back in place to install.

Have had three sets of Easy Brackets on three motors. Over ten years, all have worked exceptional.
Bags remove in seconds - carry into hotel - leaves bike clean for riding without bags when not tripping.
Never had a problem in over 100,000 miles riding and one crash.
I recommend them highly.

Back