I don't have any reliable tuners near me...I went pcv and AT after installing DP exhaust and K&N air etc...Let me tell you - The PCV and AT did a fantastic job of adjusting tune to reduce decel pop and increase performance. If you cant get to a tuner you trust the PCV / AT will do a great job.
My bike was finished at MCM Saturday. He ran into an issue with the O2 sensor and needed to flash the ECU to get things right. That resulted in another $150 being added to the final tab. But, like Cohen said, you only do it once. So, my first impression is wow!, what a difference. It runs strong and sounds good, although it's going to take some time getting used to the intake noise from the K&N's. Next up will be a lengthy ride to really feel the difference. As of now, I'm quite impressed and felt my money was well spent. I've attached a photo of the final dyno results.
20200620_135001.jpg

My bike was finished at MCM Saturday. He ran into an issue with the O2 sensor and needed to flash the ECU to get things right. That resulted in another $150 being added to the final tab. But, like Cohen said, you only do it once. So, my first impression is wow!, what a difference. It runs strong and sounds good, although it's going to take some time getting used to the intake noise from the K&N's. Next up will be a lengthy ride to really feel the difference. As of now, I'm quite impressed and felt my money was well spent. I've attached a photo of the final dyno results.
20200620_135001.jpg
And this was adding k&n and DP Silencer? No header, correct?

139 HP is very nice. The torque is the same as mine. My bike runs very strong at 131 hp and 146 torque and if I decide not to go with the 2020-2021 Rocket I will look into modifying my current bike further. Have fun.
Thanks, Mr. M.M. Keep us posted if you do anything further to your R3.

Two years ago I took my new 2011 Rocket Roadster to Colorado. This bike was totally stock and had less than 10K on the clock. I could hear lots of decel popping as I was flogging it on the mountain roads. So as someone else said on on another thread all Rockets get some decel popping but when new with the crap crossover combined with the CATS and being muffled to a whisper you just don't hear it. Just my observation.

Two years ago I took my new 2011 Rocket Roadster to Colorado. This bike was totally stock and had less than 10K on the clock. I could hear lots of decel popping as I was flogging it on the mountain roads. So as someone else said on on another thread all Rockets get some decel popping but when new with the crap crossover combined with the CATS and being muffled to a whisper you just don't hear it. Just my observation.
Personally, I've never experienced decel popping on my bike, but it's a 2018 and has less than 2K miles on it.

Hooligan

My PC-V should arrive today and after I install it I'll make a dyno tune appointment.

My question is the base map, my signature shows the map I now have loaded. Does the base map make any difference
when having a dyno tune?

Back