Old and Grumpy,
I have tried the Rivco floorboards on my '14 Roadster and found that the angle is different (forward leaning) than they were on the older bikes so they didn't work for me. I also tried the Raask moveable footpegs kit, but because of the position of the shifter pivot point you can not use a heel/toe shifter with them. I finally went with the Kurakyn 4351 Premium Floorboards. With some minor adjustments (nothing other than what was designed into the systems) to the shifting lever and brake pedal I was able to get them in the middle hole and allow proper motion for shifter and brake. Now I am working on getting someone who can make or convert my shifter to a heel/toe model and the brake pedal to one more like that on the Touring model (I fear that a heavier brake pedal will require a different return spring also). Unfortunately, the pivot point size of both of those items is different on the roadster than the touring model so direct replacement is not an option.
The search continues. I look forward to what you come up with as well.

Thank you for that.:) Now I definitely will stay the course and buy the OEM touring parts!

If you want to be able to do it for far less than $1100

1: Compile a list of part numbers on world of triumph
2: Scour ebay for said parts
3: if there are a couple of parts you cant find order them new

You are very likely to find everything on ebay, including the classic/touring foot control engine rails, the boards, the new shift lever, brake lever, shift linkage and rear brake line if it's required.

There is also a floor board conversion that someone recently posted made in michigan for the roadster. Cost was under $300 and they looked very nice, could be had in black or chrome. It wont give you forward controls, but it'll give you boards at least.

Then there's the rivcos, or the goldwing highway pegs you can mount up the the stock rails and have forward foot rests without engine crash bars. Lets you retain pegs for corner carving and have feet forward and up position to rest in.

Just different options to tackle the new foot position issue.
YES thats what Im using and they work great better than I expected very comfy for those long rides and you still have the stock pegs for corner carving as you say and its a nice setup Im happy and they are very nic
Any chance of a pic of that @IMFSATTOO I'd be interested in trying that myself.
LOOK on the RIVCO site they are the same as used on the gold wing and you can several types of pegs and floorboards take a look

Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories | Triumph Bike Rocket III Touring | Foot Controls Rider - the Touring foot controls and parts.

However, you can't use that to buy the parts off eBay since they use their own item numbers, I assume PFKL stands for PFK Ling which is the actual name you see on receipts from WoT.

BikeBandit has the actual Triumph numbers listed, though. I doubt you'll find them listed everywhere used, at least not the complete assemblies. Searching for T2082900 on eBay did find the footplates, but you can't find the mounting rails for instance.

WOW!
I got over $1600.00 USD !!!
and $1530.00 on Bike Bandit

Well, it's spares, and spares are always priced outrageously. I don't think they expected people wanting to buy whole assemblies of non-accessories - optional extra doodads aren't priced like this.

Might be easier to sell the R3R and pick up a nice Touring? ;) A quick tweak and installing the derestricting tune by Power-tripp and you'll be a few horsepower off from the Roadster at most.

:eek::eek:
Well, it's spares, and spares are always priced outrageously. I don't think they expected people wanting to buy whole assemblies of non-accessories - optional extra doodads aren't priced like this.

Might be easier to sell the R3R and pick up a nice Touring? ;) A quick tweak and installing the derestricting tune by Power-tripp and you'll be a few horsepower off from the Roadster at most.

Nah...to me thats the harder way and I might even cost me more!:eek: I will keep searching. It's probably gonna wind up a combination of used and new. Thanks for your info in your previous post:)

I talked directly to Triumph when I was putting together my last floorboard kit (that 1ollbull has now) and told them I wanted a Roadster setup (wide rear tire) with a touring bags and floorboards. Way too much power for that skinny back tire... At least that's my eventual plan for my bike.

Not for me!
I yet enjoy the canyon carving WAY too much!

Not for me!
I yet enjoy the canyon carving WAY too much!

I think the Touring does that better than the R3R... :D

The 180 in the rear is much more agreeable about turning than the 240 wide colossus that you have to beat into submission in every corner. Clearance I'd say is pretty darn close also.

Neither bike is a canyon carver at heart but I think they both do it well, the Touring isn't like some Harley that scrapes when you even think about leaning, though.

I disagree about the ground clearance and the twisty ability.
I believe that once set up properly, the R3R is a better handler than the R3T.
The rear tire is indeed large; however, I find no issues when rubbing out all the chicken strips. :D
Also pretty sure that in the past others have commented on the lack of lean angle with the R3T.

Back