Potential issue with orders for Triumph Parts

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I had an interesting experience recently, where I placed two orders via the Triumph factory system. I placed them back to back - paying for each separately.

The trick in this case, is the first order was for me, and the second order was for someone else with a different ship-to address.

Both orders went to the second ship-to address.

I was flustered, and blamed the dealer for the mix up. I emailed my order receipt, show the same billing and shipping address.

He mailed back the order he received from the parts system, which showed the same order number, but the other ship to address.

Somehow, the second order overwrote the shipping address of the first order wherever Triumph handles those. The dealer said they never see the original from the customer.

I can only guess that there is a browser/stored cookie issue here.

Whatever it is, you may want be cautious placing paired orders on line, and call instead for the smaller order.

In this case, Hermy's was the dealer, and once they were aware of who did what, they were apologetic, and worked to resolve the matter.

In the event, the second address was that of @warp9.9 , and praised be, he said, "No problem bud," and dropped the package off at my house.

I wouldn't go so hard on Hermy's. The computers probably had a glitch once it seen my last name. Humans have the same problem:D

I would have loved to see the Guy at Hermy's face. I think my last name made him studder on my first. Be he scratched his head when I told him his package would be on Paul's back porch in 21 minutes.

Worked out great I took a friend of mine and his wife up towards DC to a transplant clinic (his case double lung) he had 3 appointments. Ended up about 20 miles east of Paul's house. If monday would not have been so hot I would have loved the 400 mile round trip on the beast. Especially the agrresive to offensive riding needed on them norther va. Interstates:D

Back