I have an older model torque wrench that is missing it's plastic needle. How important is applying the 105 Nm (77.44 ft lbs) on the 22 mm clutch basket nut?
torque wrench.jpg
Time to scrap and invest in a better wrench.

I use a impact to remove my nut after making its location. Then when going back together I use the rattle gun to put it back in the exact place it was when I started it. Then I stake it. I hope that is not the torque wrench you used to set the torque on the spring tower bolts.
I have not torqued those yet. I will finish those up today. So you think its time for a new wrench? 🤣

I have not torqued those yet. I will finish those up today. So you think its time for a new wrench? 🤣
Although it has age on it as does mine. (I still got the red arrow on mine) the torque on the little spring screws is very minimal it is important. So you don't twist the heads off them. That keeps you from pulling the basket back off to drill them out.

Now your scaring me! 😃

I actually read several places, including your help document, that these are made to break to save the clutch system and to use caution. I think I will go purchase a new torque wrench today. Thanks guys!
Ya if they let loose while engine is running hard you could put a hole in the cover. I was fortunate mine was the blower cover a whole lot stronger then OEM . Note the arrow pointing to the lifter shaft it didn't break everything else did.
20200911_140538.jpg

I wasn't able to pull the lifter shaft so the Falcon got another.

TexasCoyote rides again! I completed the detent spring replacement. I rode over 100 miles today and nothing broke or leaked. 😮

Not sure if this is possible, but it feels and switches better than when I bought it. Could the spring had gone weak or stretched prior to it breaking?

Putting it all back together the only unknown was placement of the clutch lever/shaft inside the cover (photo 1). After placing the outer clutch lever the cable attaches to, in its original position (photo 3), it helped me guide the inside lever into place (photo 2).

Photo 1.
20200905_155834.jpg

Photo 2
20200905_155847.jpg

Photo 3
20200911_155942.jpg

This is how I found the spring!
20200905_155916.jpg

Thanks to all that posted on this forum. Your knowledge helped so much!

Back