David Platt short exhaust 2004

So here's a guess then, try to disable the O2 sensor in tuneecu and see if it helps... :whitstling:
I did, but not by removing the o2 sensor, rather by disabling it at lower throttle settings by making the target a/f in all rpms = zero at all throttle settings below 40%. Runs great.

That's really an option? I actually thought about unchecking the check box in Tune Ecu

You disable the one in Tune ecu anyway because the triumph sensor is removed and replaced with the AT broadband one that feeds information directly to the AT unit. If you tell the AT unit that the target is zero in those cells it wont do anything with them.

Im not an expert though, I've been fortunate enough to have a talent like @ Penner helping me.

Hi as per my other comment on this post I have been off line a lot recently but Paul sent me this link.

Ramair or K&N both are good just personal preference. If you order the PCV you need to get the AT for it as well otherwise its not much use. If your budget allows the POD-300 is gold as you can monitor and adjust the AFR on the fly.

For the PCV you should really have a good ECU tune first IMO as the PCV is only a piggyback interrupting the injector pulses, it does not affect the F/L switch, sec throttles or (most importantly) ignition timing. (There is a PCV ignition module but it costs more than the PCV).

The "new tors tune" I would be dubious if that would have fixed your issues as its still pretty close to stock.

If you PM me I will send you the K&N part numbers if that's the way you want to go.

I've not had any experience working on a bike with Dave Platt systems but the "12 min tune and good to go" is a joke. The 12 min tune is only for idle as the O2 sensor is a narrow band it will never adjust the bike for over run when you com off the throttle suddenly. If you PM me let me know your bike year on VIN no I'll see if I have anything that may help.

Thanks sleeves I found and ordered the H&N...cheers...

Thank you.
I know a few things about - but I am not that deep into O2 sensors.
But after Allan made the "towel test" I am very sure that it is a mainly a matter of simple air backflow.
It may be that the 3-1-2 system with different length in the two exhausts left/right causes an interference that is part of the problem.

Prost
Ulf

I've been running a 3 into 1 into 2 system on my bike with the PCV&AT for years with no problems.
First with these mufflers with a 1 7/8" O.D. cross over pipe on the stock header.

100_1076.JPG

Then the same mufflers and cross over onto one of my headers.

IMG_1131B2.jpg

Then the same header and these production mufflers which are a bit shorter, but larger volumn than the top photo ones.

D.jpg

An interesting point is that the "sound" changes significantly if I block off one muffler as Allan did with the towel, the bike looses the deep sound with one muffler blocked.

I agree.
I have worked with PCV and AT for quite some time and never had problems like that.
But I hope, we can figure it out.

Looking back at an Allen S post. He said theres an option to turn of the O2 sensor. Would that mean the map would not self adjust? Then if i down loaded a map that was close, it wouldnt try and trim it due to bad O2 data at the lower revs?
is this the best way to turn of the auto tune to a certain Rpm.

Just trying to get my head around this.

Thanks

So here's a guess then, try to disable the O2 sensor in tuneecu and see if it helps... :whitstling:

Sorry this wont help. Also everyone don't just uncheck the O2 sensor and leave it in place. It has a heater and wit h it turned off it carbons up and gets stuffed. If you uncheck it, remove and plug it. The plugs only a few bucks. Never know you may want to put it back in one day.

Back