DARKSIDE RUBBING TYRE

You're probably gonna die!
Sorry i gotta say it , what the hell sort of help is this telling someone to put a farking grinder to whats essentially a goddam structural part of their MC , really if your got nothing constructive to add say nothing at all , less chance of killing someone

Thanks Mate for some positive feedback. Wasn't getting much help from some of our USA brothers but as you said I doubt one of them have used a CT so really they don't know BUGGER all..

Thanks Mate for some positive feedback. Wasn't getting much help from some of our USA brothers but as you said I doubt one of them have used a CT so really they don't know BUGGER all..
YES we tried CAR TIRES and dont like them they are for cheapskates that dont appreciate a good handleing bike

Cheapskates its called Surviving with what we can you Idiot you dont know SHAT about me ****HEAD so why dont you crawl back under the rock you come from
ITS dangerous for a passanger that rides with you as the tires DO NOT fit on a motorcycle rim correctly SHIP HEAD try using the proper tires on your bike

Quite a few of us have tried the car tyre, my 2005std had one on for 10000 miles then I took it off and put the MC tyre back on nothing against the car tyre just like the MC tyre better, now any rubbing or even very close to rubbing my advice would be to dump that tyre and get one that gives you more clearence.
As most people put the car tyre on for money reasons(they do get a lot of miles) which I can understand but please get one that will be safe.

Sorry i gotta say it , what the hell sort of help is this telling someone to put a farking grinder to whats essentially a goddam structural part of their MC , really if your got nothing constructive to add say nothing at all , less chance of killing someone
It probably wouldn't take much to clear. I ground a little material away to clear a larger tire when I was riding an 82 Goldwing. Everything we do to our bikes are calculated risks. I would do it to my bike. That doesn't mean you should do it to yours.

I ride double darkside to better afford being able to ride year round. I tried running a ct on my previous bike which was a cruiser, a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. I was sick of buying overpriced MC tires every 10,000 miles on the HD. I now have a bike that will eat a $200+ tire in less than 5,000 miles. The Harley would start to weave around 90mph and my 3RT weaves around 100mph. Both are well above the posted speed limit and can be considered reckless driving by law enforcement. I know there are several here who ride much faster than what I just described and there never seems to be any name calling over that. Whenever you make any new changes to your bike you need to go and test it for safety and see what adjustments to riding style need to be made. What I use works for me. I wish I could afford to have new tires every 4000 miles but I can't so I buy what works and ride in a manner which doesn't endanger myself or anyone else around me. I love you all... Even you Art. :D

I vowed ages ago not get into the darkside debate...I won't do it, but don't let that stop you if you must. But I would certainly go with the skinniest tire that is known to work. I guarantee you that as long as it holds air it's going to give every darksider benefit that may be had.

Back