DARKSIDE RUBBING TYRE

If it's a known working tire brand/model/size, and you're getting interference where others don't, I'd be looking at spacers, then static sag (shock length not stock?), then if nothing pans out just bite the bullet and move down a size or two.

I found this and a few other entries in the forums:
I said I would never do it, but...........

It seems the Federal 595 in 245/50R16 is a very tight fit at best, and rubs for some people at worst, so your problem falls in the range of "normal". Your bike is one with a touch less clearance for whatever reason than some others.

If it's a known working tire brand/model/size, and you're getting interference where others don't, I'd be looking at spacers, then static sag (shock length not stock?), then if nothing pans out just bite the bullet and move down a size or two.

Agree with Rob, just drop a step down to a 240/55 R16 :roll:

Hey guys just gone over to the darkside. I see the guys are using 245, 225, 215.
I went the 245. Now the change over went fine no problems at all. Until I notice this on the left side the tyre is rubbing on the drive shaft. Plenty of room on the right side though. So has anyone had this problem. Anyone running 245 tyres what clearance do you have between the tyre and shaft..
Any thought and ideas would be great guys...Cheers
Yes i use a Federal 245 , i run it at 28-30 PSI. Im on my second DS both have slightly rubbed until the lettering has worn off , no major dramas associated . Dont let the anti-DS crowd get to ya , 99% of them have never gone DS so their waffle is based on forkall 1st hand experience , ive never once , fallen off my bike , randomly exploded into flames or died as a result of doing 40000 klm on DS

that tire is done. Go smaller or take the wheel off and break out your grinder. whatever you plan. change that tire!
Sorry i gotta say it , what the hell sort of help is this telling someone to put a farking grinder to whats essentially a goddam structural part of their MC , really if your got nothing constructive to add say nothing at all , less chance of killing someone

Been running Federal 595s in 245 section for 70,000 kms. So has another local guy, well known on this forum. Tyre JUST clears swingarm tube but no marks on sidewall. Tyre has to be seated correctly on rim or it will be a little bit the wrong shape.

Haven't burst into flames and crashed and died yet. Waiting in eager anticipation for Art's predictions to come true.

Back