Corbin Fleetliner Again

After living with the Fleetliner for awhile I decided that I needed a taller windshield on it. You can replace the short one that is on there with any windshield made for a Harley FLHTC (1998 to 2006). The reason I wanted a taller one is because the shorty windshield doesn't block airflow to the very top of my helmet, and at times would cause some turbulence and vibration.

I did a little internet shopping and found a Memphis Shades windshield at Phat Cycle that was listed at 12 inches, the stocker being 7 inches. They have them all the way up to 17 inches but that would be a bit too tall if you ask me. It is clear at the top with a black gradient tint twords the bottom. It helps hide the height.

This works wonderfully. We went out yesterday and logged a lot of miles on local interstates and I had my visor open all day long. You could wear a little beaner helmet with this setup, it puts you in a very nice still air pocket and the wind doesn't cause your eyes to tear up.

The amazing thing is there is zero handlebar input. We passed semi after semi, rode through some pretty good crosswinds, in and out from underpasses and I didn't feel a thing. I really don't think it hurts acceleration at all, and may actually be more aerodynamic than just a naked bike. I haven't logged enough miles to see if it has hurt gas mileage, but I'll bet it hasn't. It took about 5 minutes to put on.

Tomo

AAGGHH you have a hardly part on your bike AAGGGHH Looks good..Where u get that gas cap cover??? The tint flows right in to the paint...Jack

B:

You didn't go out and blow the old fart's doors off did ya?:eek:

Lets see, Tomo mentioned my Kitty litter jugs, I'll mention his TSC riding mower and I missed it in the first set of winter Fleetloner pictures, the Gateway PC tower sitting on the bench. Tomo, I have the mate to it. If ya want it too, I'll send it out. Maybe you can make a good one from 2 rocks. Actually, mine works. My laptop went up in smoke.

Last edited:
The gas cap cover is actually a BSA tank badge, I think from an early (64 - 66) Lightning. A few velcro strips and off I go :D

The first full tank of gas gave me 33 MPG. This included a lot of city miles and some kind of illegal high speed highway miles :D. I don't think this setup has any effect on MPG one way or another. If it were pure legal Hiway miles I'm sure it would be mid to high 30's which is about what I used to get.

Back