Considering buying a Rocket Touring

Hey navigator, what is the status on this beautiful bike? I am looking for one, and love a unique color scheme, and a one owner bike to top it off. Let me know, I am very interested of you do not end up buying it yourself

I can't believe I'm considering getting another Rocket. Several years ago I gave my son my 07 Classic Tourer. He loved it the first time he rode it when visiting us while on leave. It is now in his shop at his home in Bel Air Maryland and I help him work on it and ride it every visit. I won't go into all of the mods I made but it includes a tune by Hanso and is one mean machine.

My touring bike is now a Kawasaki Nomad and while it's a nice bike, top heavy though, it is obviously not a Rocket.

Yesterday I got a call from a local friend Blaine, a retired teacher, who said one of his best friends from his teaching days has a Rocket 3 he wants to sell, that his friend can't ride anymore and probably has only a year or so to live. I told Blaine that I'd call to get some details on the bike and help the guy sell it if I could. I called this evening and what a great guy he is. We spoke for almost an hour.

It is a 2011 Touring, the two tone blue, with about 8k on the clock, well accessorized and sounds to be in pristine condition. I asked his approximate asking price and he said he'd like to get $11K (of course) but would probably take $9k (and probably less).

Oh heck. I'm going to ride over to look at it this week and obviously have a decision to make.

I'll take some pics and post them.
YES no other CRUISERS can compare to the big 2300CC rocket engine that can be retuned to make 170 rearwheel hp from the stock engine

Back