Cold Start (non start)

My bike wouldn't start when it was cold so what I started doing was turn the key on and let it cycle and sweep then turn the key off. I would do that three times with the sweep cycle then when I would hit the start button he would fire right up without missing a beat. Good luck!

My bike wouldn't start when it was cold so what I started doing was turn the key on and let it cycle and sweep then turn the key off. I would do that three times with the sweep cycle then when I would hit the start button he would fire right up without missing a beat. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this too. What exactly does this do to help the bike start up?

Thanks stb. Not heard that one before. Last winter even on a tender I had a couple of mornings where it wouldn't start. Will keep this up my sleeve and give it a go if it lets me down this year.

It lets the fuel pump up and also warms it up a bit so when you hit the starter it doesn't have to work the battery so hard to get the fuel up and it's easy on it. It worked great for me. I never had to put. The charger on it again to start it once I started doing that. Before when it was cold it would turn over a few times then quit. I would have to get the jumper out and jump it off.

It lets the fuel pump up and also warms it up a bit so when you hit the starter it doesn't have to work the battery so hard to get the fuel up and it's easy on it. It worked great for me. I never had to put. The charger on it again to start it once I started doing that. Before when it was cold it would turn over a few times then quit. I would have to get the jumper out and jump it off.

Just tried this and it worked:D Thanks for the tip. Admittedly it's a little bit warmer today, but still, I'm relieved. I still plan to make some mods in the future, particularly the EB relay.

It doesn't get extremely cold where I live however I treat my Roadster like it has a diesel engine when it is pretty cold. Leave it running as much as possible to keep the battery charged. lol I keep the battery tender on it ALL the time when its here at the house.

Back