Clutch upgraded from Triumph on the Roadster

warp9.9

Pocałuj mnie w dupę
Ride
07 Rocket
Ok guys it’s time to revive this thread. Of course everyone has heard the news about the Rocket Roadster and the increase of power along with the dual pipes. If you watch the video you hear the man state they have upgraded the clutch and if you have trashed as many lifter shafts as I your waiting and wondering what they did. Well on rare occasions people run into a emergency and need clutch parts that there dealer says will take 4 weeks to get. Then someone points them in my direction and if I can help a man out I do a.s.a.p. if not sooner. Usually it’s just advice but on occasion I send a lifter shaft out to stranded people and like last week I supplied the newer style clutch pressure plate to NM Rocket a fellow captain so he can switch over and get rid of the needle bearing and go with the roller.
Of course I replace my stock as soon as I deplete it as I do not want to be stuck without the parts.
So I recently ordered a new lifter shaft to replace the one I sent to Santafebiker and when I order the shaft I always order the lifter piece and gasket along with the return spring. And what do you think I got this time. I believe the upgraded clutch must be this new lifter piece shown below.
And the changes seem to be at the head of the piece. The thickness of the head has been increased by .057” which is 1.4478mm for those not on this side of the pond. Old thickness is .100”, 2.54 mm new is .157”, 3.9878mm. The outside diameter has been increased also. The old size .455”, 11.557 mm to the new size .533”, 13.5382 mm. as shown in the pictures below. New one on top and on the left in second picture and the old part is on the bottom and right in the second picture. The old part number is T1170159 and the new part number is T1170203.
I also ordered another lifter shaft which seems to be the same as always only one can see the new part takes up almost all the room in the lifter shaft area. I believe this is a improvement as it will stop the lifter shaft head from wollering around in the lifter shaft. Of course I am still thinking the lifter shaft needs to be made out of a better grade of material but this is a start. SO I SUPPOSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO MUCH TO CALL THINGS UPGRADED. We shall see. The prices don’t seem to be different standard Triumph raping price 36.99 Price from Scott Lukaitis Freehold Triumph and Honda 22.52. See why I always order my parts from him and I have never waited 4 weeks either.

here's a couple pictures of the two different lifter pieces as they sit in a new lifter shaft. I think this will improve the function by decreasing the ability for the lifter piece head to move around plus dispersing pressure of the head on a larger lifter shaft area.
below is the new style

below is the old style

Since Triumph will no longer be making the Standard and Classic Rockets, maybe these new pieces will find their way onto the R3T as well as the Roadster.

Dennis

35 dtg Dubai
36 dtg Home

Dennis I believe this is what the upgraded clutch is on the roaster video. As for the R3T I believe they have the same clutch as all the newer Rockets the older ones have a different clutch basket, lifter piece, and bearing but same fibers in fact the different pressure plates fit either basket. I sent a newer style Basket to Kevin at MTC so he could campare the difference between them. with any luck its spring and back plate stuff and the billet ones they are designing will fit both.

Back