Classic master cylinder

it is amazing how fast u can pump them levers when u forget to do it before a ride. :laugh: :laugh:
Read a posting a couple months ago, pump the pressure up and tie strap the lever compressed, holding the pressure over night, worked for me

Read a posting a couple months ago, pump the pressure up and tie strap the lever compressed, holding the pressure over night, worked for me

I remember reading that now that u mension it
May be he should try that first to see if it will work on his that would b a lot easier.

Tried it many times- Always rock hard the morning after, but then returns to previous state after use. This applies to tying up the brake lever, as well :whitstling:

Back to the brake lever.... as I said, I've tried it and thought "great," only for it to return to being less firm pretty quickly. I read an explanation of why this is somewhere, but don't remember the reason. One thing I'd suggest trying is to perform another bleeding session immediately after you've released the lever. That may be effective.

I came across a trick that helped me bleed a car that was giving me trouble. Use a long bleed hose and raise it above the master cylinder. Once the fluid level is above the MC secure the hose and leave the bleeder valve open over night. The idea is that the air bubbles will rise to the highest point in the system. Some bangs here and there with a rubber mallet might help move things along. This did work for me, but I worried about how much moisture from the atmosphere was being absorbed through the open line.

I just rebuilt my rear caliper, replaced the pads and bled the rear- easy. Next are the fronts, which I anticipate will be a challenge to fully bleed, as usual.

Lots of discussion and theories here....

I'm going to try this from that thread...

"One final way to really help this trick is after you cut the zip tie. DO NOT PULL IN THE LEVER but gently place a thin screwdriver between the brake pad and the rotor and gently push the piston back into the caliper a small amount. This alone has the best chance of bleeding any gas out of the system."

Back