2006 Classic transmission

vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
I'm looking to buy a 2006 Classic with 22,000 miles on Tuesday. I'm buying from the original owner and the bike looks new and he says he's had zero transmission problems. Is 2nd gear a common problem of one that the internet has exaggerated? I know from being around forums no one reports zero problems.

I had an issue with the second gear slip under hard accerating at say 70 mph in second gear happened 5 times so got the update kit done.

In your other post you said you that the update kit was done in recall so buy it and enjoy it.

I had an issue with the second gear slip under hard accerating at say 70 mph in second gear happened 5 times so got the update kit done.

In your other post you said you that the update kit was done in recall so buy it and enjoy it.
The handlebar clamps and ECU flash recalls have been done.

I’ve got a 2006 classic...one of the chunkiest gearboxes on a bike I’ve come across. But, you get used to it’s quirks. I’ve learnt to give it a little rev when in neutral just before you shift into first...waiting for the revs to drop then a gentle nudge. She’s edging 100 000 km now.

I’ve got a 2006 classic...one of the chunkiest gearboxes on a bike I’ve come across. But, you get used to it’s quirks. I’ve learnt to give it a little rev when in neutral just before you shift into first...waiting for the revs to drop then a gentle nudge. She’s edging 100 000 km now.

I ride a Victory and it has a crash box transmission also so I'm used to that type of transmission.

My Vstrom 650, shifts butter smooth!!!

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Classic with 22,000 miles on Tuesday. I'm buying from the original owner and the bike looks new and he says he's had zero transmission problems. Is 2nd gear a common problem of one that the internet has exaggerated? I know from being around forums no one reports zero problems.
I have an 06 classic,brand new. Got it home in november of 06 . Chilly day but went for a ride,right off the bat i noticed would not go from 1st to 2nd under a load,but would otherwise. Dealer said a clip was install backwards. Has worked fine since. Have 52000 miles on it.I beat this bike up pretty good and it just keeps on taking it.

Mine has been shift perfect, so far.

Back