Chrome overflow resevoir

As long as you hollow it out and drill an out line in the bottom and a pressure relief near the top, should work great! Awesome idea!!! IYAYAS!! :)

IYAOYAS!!!

Well I'm not, but as a aircrew on P3s I loaded more than my fair share of Mines, CBUs, Harpoons and other types of ordnance that kept the bears at bay!!

bob

During my initial research it seems that 15 US oz was sufficient. I think it was closer to 20oz Australian.

I'm seriously thinking about using this beer bottle. It's aluminum, 16oz, twist top for refill. I can put bungs at the neck and at the base for the hoses and it'll clamp on the backside of the metal grate or strap to my frame.

And I've got an 8-pack to make plenty of mistakes!!

I'm just not sure if it will withstand the heat of long rides. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_110024.jpg
    IMG_20150208_110024.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 0
@triple_smiley heat wise it should be fine as the water going in and out should only be a relatively small amount and into cooler water,(try filling it with boiling water for a kettle if it survives good to go) just make sure that the wall thickness will hold the fittings adequately .:thumbsup:

Should work fine @triple_smiley
I was considering an aluminum water bottle I had. It was a little on the thin side, but biggest issues was the paint kept scratching too easily with the clamps. Figured by time I painted it, might as well buy one. Of course now I'm painting the one I bought cause the color's a little too far off :banghead:
Just so you know, after you install and fill, expect it to piss on you a little until the bike finds the right balance.

Here's my twopenneth worth.

The unit on the bike is an expansion tank. The unit in your link is a swirl can - used for removing air bubbles hence it being pressurised. Not sure that it would work unless due to it having its own thermostat unless the pressure was comparable to your standard radiator cap and surely it would vent and not contract??

I'm seriously thinking about using this beer bottle. It's aluminum, 16oz, twist top for refill. I can put bungs at the neck and at the base for the hoses and it'll clamp on the backside of the metal grate or strap to my frame.
And I've got an 8-pack to make plenty of mistakes!!
I'm just not sure if it will withstand the heat of long rides. Any opinions?
[/QUOTE]

Oh my man, COME on!!!
Surely you can find a MUCH better beer than that piss?!?!?!?!?

I had a thought of using the crash/engine bars as a overflow container and @ozrider tried it- well it worked but the crash bars got too hot to touch and would almost need to link the left and right bars with a tube at the bottom to get enough volume

I had a thought of using the crash/engine bars as a overflow container and @ozrider tried it- well it worked but the crash bars got too hot to touch and would almost need to link the left and right bars with a tube at the bottom to get enough volume

That sounds like a GREAT idea!
Perhaps with those with the 1.5" tubing?

Back